450 Making progress

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Morning everyone, we are making it happen thanks to buel willams. Want to give him a big shout out for fixing my problem with the belt, thank you buddy :beerchug: :arms: :boldblue: :banana:. The photo shows 2 small cardboard boxes found that work perfectly for a water tank and some sort of auxiliary box. I saw this on you tube in a RC model Sky Crane from Germany and he made his bird from scratch. Don't know the purpose but it looked cool :twothumbsup: And now been giving this some real hard thought. Yes I mention earlier about loving to mount nav/landing lights. Well think I can do it by running (2) 3 cell batteries in series after remembering seeing how fran11784 did his Bell 47G. He's running I think 12 cells in that heli. I have (2) 1800 50c batteries that can dedicate to Huck Jr. :peaceful: The inside of the fuselage is wide enough for them to be place side by side and will make a tray with velco strips. If I go this route then can tap into the receiver without a separate power supply. The lighting unit with wires could fit in the water tank with ease and run along the inside of the fuselage to where the lights will be mounted. If I'm going to do it, then do it all the way. Now that's out of the way, time to stop procrastinating and work on the landing gear:agree:. Best regards, Jim

Attachments

• 20220910_093120_resized.jpg
    20220910_093120_resized.jpg
    614.1 KB · Views: 6

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
I figure no more than 8 lbs with everything. If you notice from earlier photos I cut off the rear of the cab that was plywood to save weight. Used cardboard instead. When I get the belt buel williams sent me in the mail, can extend the tail fin at the top with cardboard to cover the addition. Once painted never know the difference. Believe these small areas will save me a few ounces. :peaceful:

Top Bottom