General Max Thrust Ruckus

Blade93

I have just purchased one of the above models as a PNP. I am relatively new to rc planes and, for some peace of mind, will be looking to instal a spektrum AR630 or AR631 receiver as I do want to have the option of having SAFE assignable to a switch so I can toggle between AS3X and SAFE modes.

Can I ask, where should I mount the receiver and what to use to stick it down securely?

Also, I understand there is a bit more to the set-up beyond just connecting the servos to the receiver. Obviously I will create a new model on my transmitter (dx6e) but I am told that I need to 'program' the receiver using a USB or bluetooth programming cable (the USB one is coded SPAM3065). It is this area that I am absolutely clueless and hope someone can explain (in idiot's guided speak) what to do and/or refer me to some Youtube guides that may exist covering the subject. Thank you.

RandyDSok

There are several methods to fit a receiver in a model but for the sticky tape method, I believe the most recommended is the 3M double sided foam tape. The sticky tape part is probably the best you can find and the brand should be available in many places. There are also some good generics out there, but finding a specific one may be harder to source.

The rest of your questions will have to be covered by someone else. I only have a Futaba radio and haven't used any gyro on my airplanes.

I can say this still. If you are new to flying RC aircraft, get a reputable RC flight simulator to practice with on your computer first before you take to the air. One I can recommend is called Realflight and comes with or without a controller. It will more than pay for itself if it just saves you from one crash. It also gives you a way to practice on days you can't get out to fly for whatever reason. OH... and one last thing, it isn't a matter of if you will crash but when. So the software will help teach you the muscle memory you need for your first flights and keep your skills honed well after that. Even a pro flyer crashes, it is unavoidable between our own failures to those of equipment failures. Practicing on a sim will help allow you to limit the amount of damage when something happens.

Top Bottom