mCPx and Tx arrived today no maiden flight yet :(

Morelight

Fearless Freep
she arrived today by post from Great Hobbies with the dx6i in great condition. followed Tony's dx6i setup vids, charged the 2 stock batteries and tried to get some flying in and tape the flight but no luck.

it was nice and sunny, but the wind was gusting too much. I couldn't get the heli dialed in and trimmed up, the wind was gusting from several compass directions. she would get up in the air, then the wind would give translational lift from the side and off it went.. fast. :sulkiness: very robust heli thankfully. love that dx6i. what a nice radio to work with.

I've seen some of forum member flight vids, and the mCPx handles the wind good in the right hands. I guess I'll have to put some wind in the sim tonight and see how I do.

IMG_0278.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I just took mine out in some 30+mph gusts and it was up and down, up and down lmao. You will get really good on collective management with this heli. Try hovering it in your living room to start out with. If you have a flat screen tv (as I do), put a blanket over it to protect it. You may think there are a thousand things other than the tv that it will hit, but it's like a magnet unless it can't see it hahaha.

You say you tried to get some video? Did you get any at all? I wanna see it. Make it unlisted if you did, and PM it to me. I'm dying here lmao.

murankar

Staff member
My 120sr loved the 42 inch projection tv. I thought TV's were a guy thing, guess i thought wrong it's a heli thing too.

Top Bottom