Micro mcpx binding

dj1963

I have an Mcpx v2 its a great little heli but now i am having a small problim it will not idle up and will not stay in bind i need to move stiks to get it back can any one help

Tony

Staff member
Do you have your throttle curves set for idle up? And how old are your batteries? They could be getting a little weak. when they get low on power, the heli will lower the throttle and land it's self to keep from damaging the batteries.

dj1963

batt are new the heli is new and i made sure the setting were right i have an mcpx before and i was binding it to the same settings from the first one settings should be fine or should i reset them for this one

Tony

Staff member
I would think you would be fine binding to the old settings. However if you think there is an issue, make a new model and do the setup again just to rule it out.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
One difference ... Binding the v1 was just holding the trainer switch while turning your radio on

While binding the v2 you have to hold your rudder stick far right (or left check manual) while holding the trainer switch while turning your radio on... Lol

Are you following that new procedure for this v2 bird...? That is what causes binding issues..

One thing... If you are having issues of the bird not binding to the transmitter between flights on changing the batteries, that is normal. Even the 130x has that issue. You just have to stick your bird as close to the antenna as you can and retry. Sometimes I have to retry three times by just unplugging the battery of the bird and trying again... Don't have to switch the Tx off every time

If this is mid flight then yes, rebind it using the procedure for v2. Like tony said, you should be perfectly fine binding this one to the old settings. But only one bird will talk to the radio and will be remembered on one setting at one time. If you want to use two birds, you will need two separate model numbers in your Tx.

Let us know.

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

dj1963

i want to thank you for your help making a new model did with the new setting did the trick thank you again

Tony

Staff member
Gaba, the spektrum manual states that you need to be at least one meter from the heli to bind it.

And dj, I'm glad you got it all worked out. Hope to see some video of you bashing this little guy around here soon. Let us know if you have any other questions.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
True... But I am just telling you from what I face every day. I tried the spektrum manual way on my bird and after 5 (not kidding).. 5tries, I just stick my bird right on top of the Tx, and it bound right up.

Don't know why. I can't explain why . I know the "rf" reason for 1m.. But I don't know but their new birds are a bit flaky on initializing and binding.

Same thing was suggested by my lhs guy.. :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Top Bottom