700 miniature aircraft whiplash flybar gasser heli

ericducharme

Any help with THROTTLE AND PITCH CURVES NUMBERS for flybar whiplash gasser to start withJUST WANT TO DO SPORT FLYING i dont want to bury it first time out. I KNOW THEY WILL HAVE TO BE TUNE I DO NOT HAVE A GOVENOR

RandyDSok

BTW ... if you didn't figure it out... Gina is in Florida. So a reply from her will depend on how the area she is in has faired from the storm and more than likely, how quickly they can restore the electricity in that area.

We are all waiting to hear back from all of the folks that live down that way, despite knowing it will just take some time.

Geena

Staff member
Hi guys. I`m ok, and the power is back on as of about 11:45 today.

If you are not running a governor, I strongly suggest using v curves for your throttle. linear 0-100 for normal mode, 95,90,85,90,95 for idle 1, and 100,95,90,95,100 for idle 2.

Pitch curves are kind of subjective, and it just depends on what you like and how you want the collective to feel. A good all around starting point would be 12 degrees positive pitch zero degrees at mid stick and 12 degrees negative pitch.

For your Idle up 1 and 2, leave the pitch curves linear..... 0-100. For your normal mode, you might want to dial the pitch curve down to something like....... 40,45,50,75,100.

What that will do, is give you full collective range for do 3D and sport 3D flying. But the normal mode pitch curve of 40,45,50,75,100 will give you about 2.5 degrees of negative pitch at full negative collective, but you will have the full 12 degrees of pitch at full positive collective.

Having 2.5 degrees of negative pitch at full negative collective will make takeoff and landing a whole lot easier and smoother. Just don`t forget to switch to one of the idle up modes as soon as you get it off the ground.

I hope this helps, and sorry I didn`t answer sooner. I didn`t receive Judith`s email until about an hour ago. I did send you and email earlier, so you will have my contact information again.

I hope this helps, and don`t hesitate to reach out to me if you need anything. :) :)

Geena

Staff member
I personally like the Aerospire MultiGov Pro. They`re easy to set up, easy to tune, and they just work. The old Futaba GV-1 was a good governor too, if you can still get them. They are really complicated and hard to set up. if you have never messed with them though.

Everything these days is FBL, and most of the FBL gyros have their own integral governors. So The MultiGov Pro might be your best option, since it`s an old school governor that was around in the fly bar days. You can get them from Amain Hobbies, but they are out of stock right now.

I think I remember you saying that you were not going to be doing 3D, so you should be perfectly fine without a governor. Just use the V curves I sent you, and you`ll be fine.

Top Bottom