Trucks More tmaxx troubles

kylex56

I have posted before about an Rx issue witch i have resolved but behold another issue... i dont know if its idle/carb problems i just need help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Hey Kyle, sorry about the moderation, it's an anti-spam measure to keep spammers from posting pronz videos on here. It will stop soon.

The way you are doing this, it's building up pressure in the tank forcing fuel into the engine. There are a few thigns that this tells me to check. First, pull and replace all fuel line on the truck. Could be an air bubble. Next, take the carb off and completely clean it out, including removing the barrel and needles. You can clean these with solvent, brake cleaner, or even carb cleaner. The next issue, and the most likely is also the most expensive. You may have a piston and sleeve that is worn out. When facing the front of the vehicle (nose towards you), spin the flywheel counterclockwise. If you don't feel a good "POP" from the engine, then you need to replace the piston and sleeve.

Hope this helps.

kylex56

hey Tony, thanks for the reply in had the truck out running the other day i could only give it a small amount of throttle, if i were to give it full throttle it would shut off

Tony

Staff member
That would indicate a lean condition. Lean is very bad. Set your high speed needle to abotu 1.75 turns out and set your low speed needle to flush with the body of the carb and go from there. It's not factory on the high speed, but it will get you in the ball park.

kylex56

Tony this may sound stupid , but where is the flywheel located(not familiar with rc trucks and cars)

- - - Updated - - -

Nvm tony i found it, and i felt a good pop,

Tony

Staff member
There is no stupid question bro. No one knows what they know until they know it.

The flywheel will be the solid Aluminum wheel that sits on the front of the engine just behind the clutch bell. It's also what holds the clutch shoes. You can trace it from the spur gear, to the clutch bell, to the flywheel. You can spin the spur gear and that will in turn spin the clutch bell. You will see a solid piece of aluminum just behind it that is not spinning (at least it shouldn't be. If it is, then you have a bearing that is locked up).

Hope this helps.

Tony

Staff member
I don't. I was going to make one on the 600 that I have (helicopter, 55 size engine) but it didn't turn out. so I scratched the idea. But, they are not really that hard to do. Remove the fuel line, remove the high end needle, remove the throttle set screw, adn then the barrel will pull out of the body. From there, you get a pretty good idea what you need to clean. And in all reality, you cna pull the throttle screw first to remove the barrel and do it that way.

kylex56

Thanks tony ill find out what every thing you just said means ill post a video of how everything turns , again thanks alot Tony!

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, it's kinda hard to explain some things in text. I will do all I can to help out though.

kylex56

i cleaned the fuel lines and the carb and this is what im left with.

Tony

Staff member
Stick an OS #8 Glow Plug in there. This may be a bad plug. Now that I'm thinking back, it sounds a lot like mine did when my plug was bad. It would run as long as you were feeding the plug power, but once you let off, it would die. Fought this for about a week on and off until I broke down and got a new plug.

kylex56

i cleaned everything and now my car sounds like this
- - - Updated - - -

i just cleaned my carb and fuel lines not everything on the truck...

Tony

Staff member
You already posted that video. Did you replace the glow plug? I know they are $8 a pop, but trust me, I chased this issue for a week trying to figure it out.

kylex56

yeah sorry about the repost , but the sound is a glow plug?

- - - Updated - - -

still making the noise , replaced the glowplug.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure what noise you are referring to. I'm hearing it starting, then shutting off.

Tony

Staff member
If I'm hearing it right, your one way may be slipping. A little brake cleaner on it will cure that issue for a while. But, that I would put behind trying to figure out why it's not running. Either your needles are not set correctly, you have bad fuel lines that are letting air in/out, a bad seal on your fuel tank, or your piston and sleeve are bad. Unfortunately without it being in front of me, I can't pin point the issue, only you can do that.

kylex56

Ill bring it to a local hobbie shop and see what they can tell me ill tell them what you said about the truck thank you tony.

Top Bottom