Motors Motor Was Hot?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thursday morning, if you watched the video, I took my 550 out for the first time. She flew marvelous but I did notice the motor was hot after the first battery. She flew hotter then my Xnova motor that I have in my X3L. I'm not sure if the motor suppose to run the hot or my settings are not correct. My timing is @ 18 degrees. The battery and the esc wasn't hot at all...warm. Any ideas to cool her down or that's the way this heli fly's.

Tony

Staff member
You can try lowering the timing which should lower the heat. Another thing to look at is if you are using a governor on it. Some gov settings can cause some heat build up. Kind of like putting too much "D" (PID) on a quad motor.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Tony. Thanks for the response :). Yes, I'm running the gov. store on the hobbywing 120a. I will try lowering the timing. I think default is 15 degrees...don't bank on it.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yes, my X3l has the xnova motor. The XLPower motor doesn't have the timing setting but it does have the same # as Xnova motor so once again I assume 18 degrees will work too. The Xnova motor 1200Kv and the Xl motor is 1100Kv. So I will go lower the timing and see.

Top Bottom