MSI Is As Bad As Apple

Tony

Staff member
So if you saw in my Agusta A109 Thread, there was a little mishap with the 600 frame where a ceiling fan grabbed it out of my hand and tossed it into one of my MSI MAG272C monitors. This monitor is not made anymore so I reached out to MSI just to see what it would cost to 1 receive a replacement panel (that was a hard NO from them) or to have it replaced if I shipped it to them.

This is their reply:

MSI Response said:
Dear Customer,

I am sorry but we do not sell the panels by itself. You will need to send the monitor in for service. Since the unit is out of warranty, you would need to contact us directly at (888)-447-6564 for an out of warranty RMA. You will need a Visa/Mastercard since you would be responsible for a $69 diagnostic fee. After the machine is received, inspected, and quoted, then you'd only be responsible for the $69 diagnostic fee (if you decline the repair quote) or the cost of repair (parts and labor). Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST. The replacement cost will be about $295 for this model.

Thank you.

MSI Tech Support Team

This does not include the shipping TO them, and with this absurd pricing (reminds you of Apple...), they will likely also charge you for return shipping. So by the time I get my monitor back, it will cost me ~$424 just to repair...

I paid $234 after tax and shipped to my door...

Thanks Apple for setting the standard of "I'm going to gouge the hell out of the repair so they are forced to buy new"...

Top Bottom