Murphy Comes To Life Once Again!!!

Tony

Staff member
Part shows to be in OKC as of 0100. It's 0530 now. Looks like the usps is skimping on keeping up with the tracking... Ah well, as long as I get it.

Tony

Staff member
One just finished uploading and I just finished rendering an "Update" video. Kind of reverse order on those two, but yeah. I'm friggin tired lmao.

Powerdyne

Just watched the videos you posted. I will be following this closely, as I am about to build my very first Nitro heli over the winter months in the off season.

Thanks for the updates on this, Tony! I look forward to seeing more of Murphy!

Tony

Staff member
What helicopter are you building?

And I can assure you, there are more videos to come. I screwed up and uploaded the fan video first (magnet install) before the update video lol. Oh well, they will get the idea lmao.

I still have the throttle linkage setup video as well as the governor setup video yet to edit, render and upload. Then, there will be the video of the flight with a governor that works. And I have even more videos planned.

murankar

Staff member
Hopefully Tony has time to do the bigger series on nitro. That should be a wealth of information on your first build. There is a lot to know about combustion engines.

Tony

Staff member
Really, it's pretty simple once you understand it. There are only 4 moving parts inside teh engine (crank, rod, piston, wrist pin). It's nothing but a little compressor. 3 things are needed to start an engine. Fuel, Fire, Compression. Fuel, self explanitory. Fire, that is the glow plug that is being heated up by your glow driver. Compression, that is the engine rotating over, pulling in the fuel air mixture, forcing the piston up thus compressing the fuel air mixture and once it reaches enough compression, the glow plug will ignite the mixture forcing the piston back down.

There is a little more to it that that being it's a 2 stroke. But that is the jist of it.

And yes, I will be trying to get more videos up of this helicopter. It's been way too long. Just having it sitting next to me is awesome. I am rendering the video of putting it back together now. It's quite long, almost 20 minutes, but covers quite a bit. I go slow putting the engine back in and checking the governor sensor one last time, but then, I speed it up putting the rest of the helicopter back together. Then, it's all about talking to the people watching. I want opinions and I ask for them in this video. I'm not sure if I'm going to upload it today, or next weekend though.

Tony

Staff member
Should I upload this next video now, or next weekend? I have two more after that one. Same question, should I upload them immediately, or hold off. ???

RandyDSok

If you have the vids ready to post... just do it when you can or have the opportunity... scheduling them doesn't seem to make sense other than to procrastinate ... the sooner they are up, the quicker you are done with it and can move to your next project or chore

Top Bottom