My 450L 6S

Barge

Here are a few images of my 450L, nothing really different to what most members here have not seen before. I have a couple of little mods so here we go.
DSC_01.jpg

I use a XT60 connectors on the battery to ESC wiring, as I have never had a problem with them on my hex. I lubricate them on a regular basis with a electrical lubricating spray, this improved connectivity and prevents oxidising. I ordered a spare set of main shafts which was fortunate as I only required the 0.2mm spacer which still gave a small amount of play in the shaft. I used the 2 x 0.1mm spacers and this actually gave a snug main shaft fit free of end play and still allowed the auto rotation gear to spin freely.
DSC_02.jpg

I ran out of black zip ties for the Rx antennae on the boom, while it's not ideal aesthetically it is excellent for signal strength. The other antennae goes down the side and through a nylon standoff, the bottom of the antennae hangs out past the bottom of the frame. The SBUS Rx makes for an uncluttered wiring loom to the 3GX, there is only one wire from the 3GX to the RX.
DSC_04.jpg

The boom support is from the Align 500, as the 450L boom is longer than the 450 PRO, the longer and thicker support braces will do no harm. I ended with an extra rudder control rod guide so I used it just because it was there. I also used two bearings on the torque tube, with the three spacing's between the bearings set at a different length to avoid any harmonic vibrations. I also greased the drives on either end of the torque tube before assembly into the female drivers.
DSC_07.jpg

I took this photo for no other reason than I like the engineering in this mini part, and it works very well.
DSC_06.jpg

There was a lot of enjoyment putting this together.

DSC_02.jpg

DSC_04.jpg

DSC_07.jpg

DSC_06.jpg

DSC_01.jpg

Last edited:

Lee

Its a nice looking ship for sure. I'd love to fly one, to compare it to my Warp 360.

Mda1701d

Thats a nice looking bird!!
I wish I had gone with a 7ch set up, as the wiring was the worst bit, trying to get them all within the chassis.

chrisrock

Here are a few images of my 450L, nothing really different to what most members here have not seen before. I have a couple of little mods so here we go.
View attachment 11542

I use a XT60 connectors on the battery to ESC wiring, as I have never had a problem with them on my hex. I lubricate them on a regular basis with a electrical lubricating spray, this improved connectivity and prevents oxidising. I ordered a spare set of main shafts which was fortunate as I only required the 0.2mm spacer which still gave a small amount of play in the shaft. I used the 2 x 0.1mm spacers and this actually gave a snug main shaft fit free of end play and still allowed the auto rotation gear to spin freely.
View attachment 11536

I ran out of black zip ties for the Rx antennae on the boom, while it's not ideal aesthetically it is excellent for signal strength. The other antennae goes down the side and through a nylon standoff, the bottom of the antennae hangs out past the bottom of the frame. The SBUS Rx makes for an uncluttered wiring loom to the 3GX, there is only one wire from the 3GX to the RX.
View attachment 11537

The boom support is from the Align 500, as the 450L boom is longer than the 450 PRO, the longer and thicker support braces will do no harm. I ended with an extra rudder control rod guide so I used it just because it was there. I also used two bearings on the torque tube, with the three spacing's between the bearings set at a different length to avoid any harmonic vibrations. I also greased the drives on either end of the torque tube before assembly into the female drivers.
View attachment 11539

I took this photo for no other reason than I like the engineering in this mini part, and it works very well.
View attachment 11541

There was a lot of enjoyment putting this together.

Use a fishing line instead of those zip ties. ;)

Barge

Hi Chris, the location of the antennae is going to change, I bought a Futaba CGY750 gyro, so the Rx and the gyro will be side mounted, both will be centred on the main shaft at the bottom of the left and right side chassis. The other thing is you never want to fix the antennae where they can be ripped out of the Rx in a crash. I currently have them running through small tubes which are held in place with flite metal, a adhesive backed aluminium sheet.

CGY750.png

CGY750.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom