my extended fleet

Eggy 71

It's taken a little while but I can say I officially added the T-Rex 450L to my fleet. :hdbng: It was my first build as all the others were BNF ,but I think every piece has been replaced in my learning curve to fly (especially inverted). Thanks to all especially Tony for helping with the build, tail and 3GX setup. All seems to be working fine. Right now I'm running about 80-85% throttle. Should the throttle be raised to 90-100% when doing some minor 3D or is 80% sufficient. It seems to have good power now? Will the gain settings need to change much if I raise it to 90-100%.IMG_2269[1].JPGIMG_2272[1].JPGIMG_2273[1].JPG

IMG_2269[1].JPG

IMG_2272[1].JPG

IMG_2273[1].JPG

trainrider06

Hey congratulations on the build!
Your gains may change with higher head speed just something you'll have to find out when you change it.
I would think as long as you have a good pitch on your blades both ways that inverted would be fine at the 80-85%.

Smoggie

Nice fleet! In your idle up flight modes try a 'V-shape' throttle curve. So that would look like about 80% in the centre (at zero pitch) and 100% at both extremes of the pitch range. The idea is to have more throttle when you are using full collective pitch, so as you dont get 'bogging down' but less throttle in the centre when the load is low so as to avoid overspeeding the blades and wasting power.

Better yet use the governor.

Eggy 71

An updated photo of the fleet. I finally finished off building the Trex 700. Had its maiden flight today. that was a rush. I don't know why but the nerves were there in full force. I guess the thought in the back of the mind is every step correct. Lucky I was so hesitant, one wasn't. I had set up the aileron while facing the heli so it was backwards. Missed it totally in the preflight checks. As It stated lifting off, I drifted left. As I corrected it got worse. good thing I was less that 1 inch off the ground. set down, shut down and nearly needed to change my shorts. Re configured the swash and servo settings and tried again. She flew, well just hovered. Felt alot like my 550 but my nerves were taking any chances. Simple hover in Normal, Stunt 1 and stunt 2. that's all for today, went back to a couple of the other helis.IMG_0418.JPG IMG_0417.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    544.9 KB · Views: 0

Tony

Staff member
I think we have all done that a time or 5 lol. At least you got it back on the ground and fixed it before something bad happened.

Top Bottom