My first inverted hovers!

Dirk

I finally got the confidence to try some inverted hovering with my 700. I went some 3 mistakes high, had my finger on the bailout button and did a backward flip. When I got inverted, I just held it there and kept on telling myself that the collective is the wrong way around. Focus, focus, focus. My first attempt was about 10 seconds long. Next one went to about 1 minute. On the next pack, I did about 5 mins continuous inverted hovering. Sweet!

Now, my problem is this. I started my inverted hovering from a tail in backward flip, so the heli is inverted and nose in to me. No problem. I can for the life of me not fly inverted with the heli pointing away from me, ie, tail in. :werd:

Oh well, I'll just have to hit the sim some more.

A mate of mine shot some video of my bravery. As soon as he sends it to me, I'll post it here.

Oh, by the way, I still can't get this silly grin off my face!

Last edited:

danhampson

Well done dirk. Inverted flight opens up a whole new world.

Keep up the siming.

Looking forward to the video.

stokke

Great job, Dirk :D Be careful getting too comfy with the nose in invert though, you'll have a hard time doing the other three orientations. Took me a long time to get the rest of the inverted orientations locked in as I had gotten too comfortable with the nose in - BUT sounds like your already on top of it!

Keep logging sim hours mate ;)

Lee

Well done Dirk :thumbsup:
For me I found, focusing on trying to see things from the cockpit view point.
In this case whether you are up right or inverted, left is left and right is right.
The only things that change are elevator and pitch.
It was one less thing I had to think about :D

Dirk

Thanks for the advice Marius and Lee. I am practicing real hard on the sim at the moment. I don't have a problem with left/right, pitch or the tail. Just the elevator that screws me now and then.

Top Bottom