My fist F3C contest

Geena

Staff member
This weekend, I traveled down to my old stomping grounds, Homestead FL, to compete in my first F3C helicopter contest. I don`t have a true F3C helicopter......ye. So I had to use my X7FZ, which is a 3D helicopter. But after a few setting adjustments, we got it flying the way it needed to fly for the contest. I entered the sportsman class, which is beginner level, and flew 3 rounds. After it was all said and done, I walked away with second place. Now it`s time to start hitting the practice sessions hard, so I can be more competitive in the next contest.

163383449_10157679539881791_1631007498692092472_o.jpg

Tony

Staff member
YO! That is awesome Geena!!! I thought I had heard you say you didn't like F3C, but definitely glad you enjoyed it! Now... You just need a proper heli and fuse :chuckles:

Congrats! :party:

Geena

Staff member
I said that a while back, yes. But in the past couple of years, I have really taken a liking to it. I do have to say, that it is MUCH harder than 3D. Every single mistake you make, shows up like a sore thumb, and the judges are vicious.....LOL. I`m going to build a second X7 with the tail cover and F3C blades to compete with, so I don`t have to use my 3D helicopter.

Geena

Staff member
Oh wow Geena. Your definitely a awesome flyer and induvial. Congratulation on second place :). With your talent and determination...you will get 1ST PLACE :notworthy:
Thank you, Ivan. I`m going to start hitting the practice hard, starting today after work. :) F3C blades are ordered and they should be here in a few days. I have some setup tweaks to do, but that shouldn`t be to hard to sort. My sister recorded one of my flights and it`s uploaded to my channel. I`ll post the link in the members videos section in a few minutes. :)

Geena

Staff member
Well done Geena, a second place at your first attempt and with a 3D machine that must give you encouragement.
Thank you, Admiral. Yes, it was a bit challenging to fly F3C with a 3D helicopter. But I managed to get by. I`ll be building a full on F3C model very soon though.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!! wish I were there to have seen you fly. Watched plenty of F3C videos and know you got to be on top of your game. Just amazing to watch.

Geena

Staff member
For anyone who is interested. The attached photo is the maneuver schedule we had to perform in the contest last weekend.

IMG_1615 (1).jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm interested. I'm charging batteries right now for my 550 flight tomorrow. I'll give it a try. Something new and challenging to learn. Thanks for sharing Geena :).

Top Bottom