Boats My future project will be one of these!!!!

wolfman76

ok here is the next project a 1/4 scale hydroplane just like this one
Just need to start my research and mainly start the saving of the moolah to afford the turbine to bring the monster to life the cheapest i have found a turbine for is 1,000...
here is another fast turbine boat..
man i can't wait to get this project started..

Last edited by a moderator:

Slobberdog

Man I would love to see that hydroplane opened up, I bet it would be insane,

That twin turbine was mega fast.......

wolfman76

The first one which is the type of hydroplane that i will be building... I don't Even think the guy in the first video had even opened the throttle slightly over quarter throttle... The kit i will be getting i believe is less then 100 dollars i think it is like 85 or round that but i have to build it like you would a plane kit..

Last edited:

wolfman76

I will have to look i am going to post the link for the kit i an going to get but i believe that it will be around 105"s long.. And the one in the ghost video of i am not mistaken that long silver tube out of the back is the exhaust. I believe it is for two functions
1. Directs the exist out the vac of the boat and
2. It direct hot exhaust and possibly flames from the internal compartment to prevent the boat itself and the internal components from catching fire.

I did start thinking that about the large exhaust. I posted in a hurry and didn't think about the mechanics of it all.
sounds ilke it will be a nice bird! Look forward to the build when you get around to it! :)

wolfman76

I found the site it is a1/8 scale laser cut Bala kit and the one i want is the 1992 tide hydroplane i will post the link in Lil while still trying to find a site that sales slightly larger scale the that but do far is what i found also a newer style hydro also newer then a 1992 year..

wolfman76

Well i found out today from the chaps at the LHS that a hydroplane kit the largest they make in a wood kit is 1/8th scale anything bigger which i want to do a quarter scale is a fiberglass hull which if what they tell me is true is a tad bit pricier... We are talking possibly 400-600 buckeroonies for just the boat but they Gabe me a Web address to a place they normally order there kits from called i believe www.warehousehobbies.com that is of course i make.net own molds and make my own hulls... Hmmmmmmm gonna have to do some thinking...lol

Top Bottom