Prop My Messerschmitt ME109 Electric Conversion

Ron RC

Hi guys, last summer I was given a ME109 55" 40 size plane by my cousin that he picked up in a garage sale. I believe it was an old Tower Hobby kit as it had a Tower Hobby 40 size motor and their servos. Tried to find some info on it but never could. Mostly was trying to find the COG so I could set it up for the electric conversion and know where I should put the battery to be able to slide fore and aft with the unknowns I was facing. Anyway I pulled out the gas tank, motor and throttle servo and cable. I put in an EMAX GT2826/06, a 65amp opto ESC and a 3amp UBEC. I'm using a 4s 4000mah battery and here is the power figures on it. The plane weighs 78oz AUW. The thrust is 104oz giving me a 1:34 thrust to weight with a 14x7 prop. I just finished it up and it will be ready to maiden this spring. Here are some pics of what it looked like when I got it and some of the conversion along the way. Hope you like it. BTW if anyone knows anything about this original kit, drop me a message. Wish me luck on the maiden this spring.

Ron

PICT0681.jpg

PICT0682.jpg

PICT0684.jpg

PICT0685.jpg

PICT0829.JPG

PICT0869.jpg

PICT0838.JPG

PICT0849.JPG

PICT0854.jpg

PICT0855.JPG

PICT0864.jpg

PICT0865.jpg

PICT0867.jpg

PICT0868.jpg

Last edited:

Keith

Looking good Ron... I'm building a scratch Hawker Fury bipe atm... Been messing with the moter today.. was putting a 28mm in I had spare but have changed to a 35mm on order... I have 38mm space so it will be a bit of a tight fit... Will put a few pics up when it's a bit more presentable... Did I mention it's summer here, 35 - 40 degrees celcius... Warm pool and cold beer. Ahhhhhhh....

Top Bottom