My New Project

Heliman450

So I'm back and free of the need to be at work and here's my latest project courtesy of my good lady for my 65th! My next phase is the servos, just as well I can do that under lock-down.

Attachments

• 880_01S.JPG
    880_01S.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 880_02S.jpg
    880_02S.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 880_03S.jpg
    880_03S.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 14

Smoggie

Awesome project, the Velos is a rare beast. I wish I could see it in person. Keep the pics coming

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Wow heliman 450. You do have a good lady. I hope for my 65th I get something that nice. Shoot, I just hope that I can make it to my 65 BD Lol. Like Smoggie said...keep the pictures coming. Can't wait to see a video of her in action :).

Heliman450

Hi guys, as Velos Rotors left the hobby market to be solely drone suppliers, my local 'grown-ups' hobby store had three left in stock and one built for trial flights. I failed to persuade my better half to buy them all and settled for the last one after waiting a while. I'm going through the initial servo set-up as I write this. After making a mess of doing this for my Goblin 380, I've improvised a means of holding the servos still and not having them all over the place until fitted to the heli :bellyroll:

More photos to come but no video, sorry.

Phil

Admiral

That is a great looking Helicopter, love the motor setup. I assume that because the company is still operating that spare parts will remain available even though that model is discontinued.
Keep us updated on the build.

Tony

Staff member
That box does not do that helicopter justice! Cannot wait to see this one completed!

Heliman450

Hi all, so here are a couple of photos of the progress. First attempt at checking out the positioning of the ESC's and the best orientation for the batteries using my existing ones, in its present guise, it weighs in at 7.1kg. As we're locked down, I'm waiting to buy two new sets (8 x 5000mAh). I think the front ESC will be best turned 180 degrees in the frame.

Attachments

• Batt_01.jpg
    Batt_01.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Batt_03.jpg
    Batt_03.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 8

Heliman450

Latest update.....this is taking a bit longer than I thought :ambivalence:. Our hobby doesn't stand still so I'm needing to catch up with the latest developments from Jeti as well as progress the build. No worries, it's all good fun but just takes a bit longer but at my age I've got used to that :angel:

Heliman450

It looks like I've got the optimum positioning worked out for the power supply. Next step is to make sure that it will be ok when the canopy is fitted. Seems a shame to cover up all the lovely mechanics though.

Heliman450

The gyro is a Spirit Pro through a REX10 receiver. Up to now, I've installed Jeti Studio software in my new laptop. As it's in German, the software defaults to the system language so I questioned Jeti at 17:15 yesterday how to sort it to get the software into English. I Emailed them and raised it in their Forum, too for good measure. I had a reply by 11:30 this morning and now have the software in a language I can read (difficult enough in English) and have updated my Tx and the Rx so back to working out how to set it all up now.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Looking good Heliman450. You mention it's taking you a bit longer then you thought. Shoot, you can't rush perfection. With a beast like that, you want to make sure you get everything jussssst right. You don't want to find out on your first maiden that you miss something...that's for sure. Keep up the good work and more pics when you can...please :).

Smoggie

If you are stuck just shout, I've setup more Spirit's than i can count, and I'm also on Jeti now so understand most of it's little quirks.

Admiral

You have a real exciting "new project" there Heliman, looks like the whole forum is following this thread. Well done.

Smoggie

Exciting indeed. I wish I could be there to see the maiden when the time comes. Hopefully you can shoot a video of a flight?

By the way... have you tried the Spirit Geolink? I've not used it on my own helis but i set up one for a flying buddy and I gave it a few test flights. It actually worked very well. To get the most out of it you need quite a few channels, I soon used up all the channels on his DX9. With the Jeti you would have plenty if you ever did give the Geolink a go.

Top Bottom