My photo equipment

Geena

Staff member
I use Canon gear. I use a Canon S3IS for videos and quick photo taking, and for serious work, ( weddings, portraits, and parties) I use a Canon 40D digital SLR. Here is a shot of my gear.

WP_20170205_004 (360x640).jpg

Geena

Staff member
Nothing wrong with the XSi. That`s a good camera. My 40D is starting to get up there on shutter count though. So I`m going to be looking into trading it in and getting a 5D MKIV, or a 1D X.

Tony

Staff member
It 'was' a good camera lol. I have 5 or 6 pixels in the sensor that have died. So if you look closely at the image, you can see red pixels now. Need to upgrade, just no cash to do it. Would like something with video capabilities but not like the T5i where you only have 30 minutes of video at a time. I need continuous recording. I had the T5i and returned it because if this issue.

Geena

Staff member
You can probably send it to Canon USA, and have the replace the sensor for a whole lot less than a new camera body. It`s worth looking into, I think.

That S3IS I use does good enough video, but I have been toying with the idea of getting a dedicated video camera...Canon, of course :D to do videos. I don`t want my DSLR to do video. I only need that to make photos.

Tony

Staff member
I called them a while back and I think it was $150 to replace the sensor or something like that. It was a while back though so I'm sure the price has went up by now. And I just get tired of carrying all of these damn cameras lol. I have my XSi for photos, my Canon video camera which I use for all of my regular videos, plus the 3 action cameras... If I was to get a DSLR that could do video, then I could remove one camera from my bag lmao. Won't happen any time soon, that is for sure.

Top Bottom