My Side Project That Is In Dire Need

murankar

Staff member
As some may know I have lizards in my family. Well 3 to be exact, 2 bearded dragons and a Chinese water dragon. These 2 species of lizards are almost polar opposites. Is rain forest tropical type and the other is dessert type.

The Chinese water dragon (Aristotle) I put growing his current living area. This little guy is arborial and loves to climb. His current tank is to short for him. So he is getting an up grade.

These last 2 weeks in have been piercing together the materials needed for his new enclosure. So far I have not gotten that far.

P_20181127_120438_LL.jpg

I hope to get the plywood and rest of the poplar tomorrow. Lowes better cut it for me or I will be in a world of hurt trying to cut full sheets.

Admiral

You would have loved the last place we had, sold it about 4 years ago, we had Bearded Dragons, Blue Tongue Lizards and the occasional Green Monitor and Frill-neck down the back, in breeding session I would have to be careful mowing the lawn because of the baby Blue Tongues.

murankar

Staff member
Even so the cuts are minor. If I can get the big cuts done then ill be okay. I can do some small cuts with my circular saw and some straight edges.

murankar

Staff member
Made some progress yesterday and today. I only had about an hour yesterday and about another hour today. Dealing with 2 really sick boys right now.
P_20181206_124208_LL.jpg

What you see is the rough layout of the front doors. I am thinking of shifting the doors to the other side. If we were viewing this normally we would be on the couch in the bottom right corner. So I think it be better to switch it. Plus I have an idea with a small 2.5 gallon garden pool insert. The insert just fits inside from front to back and is 21 inches long. We want the water feature on the right side. The left side is going to be the "beach" area. Actually I am thinking of organic top soil. If I do that then need another container to hold the soil. Once that is solved and in place ill need springtails and isopods to help control mold and mildew. They will also process lizard dookie.

If all the dirt thing happens then why not just plant a couple tree like plants for climbing. Along with all the other added things like branches and vines. The back wall will eventually be out fitted with appropriate furnishings to complete the rainforest look.

Why all the work? Well Chinese water dragons thrive in 80% humidity with a temp range in the 80s F. Nighttime can get as low as 75 F. The humidity is the key and all that stuff will help produce the 80% without a misting system, which I am adding.

Top Bottom