450 Need help with motor shaft and pinion

Jay

I am using a old erazor 450 motor in my clone, and I have to place a spacer to lower motor just enough to line up the pinion gears with the flywheel. I am tired of every time I spool it up the motor moves, or it strips the gears. I want to fix this one or put another in it. There is only a small area/notch in the shaft to slide the pinion up and down. Is this normal? Any suggestions.?
is there a shaft that has a bigger slot in it? For more adjustability of the pinion gear up or down? Can I remove the shaft of a motor? Or make this one shooter by sticking it in a vice?

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Is the pitch of the pinion and main gear the same? as for the notch on the shaft that is probably for your set screw. Have you tried threadlocker (blue) on your motor mount screws?

Tony

Staff member
The ONLY thing I would do is maybe grind the flat spot further down the shaft. coolgabsi did this on his scorpion motor with great success. Click on the link below to have a go at it. Make sure to put the motor in a bag or use some oil when cutting. Those metal shavings will destroy a motor.

How to make a flat spot on a scorpion motor shaft

Lee

If the flat spot on the shaft isn't in the right place, you can take a dremel and grind the flat spot in the place you want it. just follow gabas Scorpion motor flat spot guide.

Jay

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I have tried threadlock but veryhard to get in there. So prob. Didnt do good job. Also had to go find some longer screws.
I like the idea of grinding a new flat spot. Didn't dawn on me about that i will check out the guide. Just picked up a nice dremel this last xmas. Get to check it out now have never used it.

Top Bottom