Misc. Need help with Simulator binding

Air Sick

I'm new to all of this so I am probably doing something dumb, but I sure can't figure out what it is. My setup is:

1. Spektrum NX8 Controller
2. Spektrum SPMWS2000 dongle
3. Aerofly RC9 simulator
4. iMac computer

When using the cable supplied with the NX8 connected to the computer USB port, everything worked great. But I really wanted to use the wireless mode.

I read and followed the instructions for wirelessly binding the WS2000 dongle to the NX8, but have been unable to get it to work.
I have successfully completed step 1 of the instructions which said to insert the dongle while pushing the Bind button. It did start rapidly flashing the orange light indicating it is in the binding mode.

Step 2 said bind the transmitter. . . . . . and that's the end of the instructions.

On the NX8, I open the Function List screen, select Bind, select Yes, select Bind. The screen then says it's Binding. After a few seconds, it returns to the main screen and the dongle continues flashing orange, indicating that it is still waiting to be bound.

Any help to get this wireless thing working would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Air Sick (aka Tom)

RandyDSok

Make sure you are using the Bind feature in the Aircraft menu and not the one found in the Trainer for the Wireless Trainer connection.

As an added suggestion... get the Transmitter ready to bind ( in the menus ) but don't press the bind button yet.. then plug in the wireless receiver while pressing the Bind button... now tell the transmitter to bind. Don't be too close or too far away.... if too close, it can overdrive the signal making it distort and difficult if not impossible for the devices to understand the signal ... of course too far away makes the signal too weak for them to understand each other.

Air Sick

Ding, Ding, Ding . . . We have a winner! :arms:

Randy, thank you for your reply. You gave me a clue as to where to start looking. I never did find "Airplane Mode" in the manual, but while I was looking, I did run across a little tidbit deep in the menu hierarchy under "USB Settings". Its Mode setting was on "Game Controller". After changing the USB Mode to "Inhibit" the binding worked correctly.

Thanks again,

Tom

RandyDSok

The "airplane mode" I was speaking of was for the transmitter and may have used different wording... When setting up a new model in the transmitter, you must select the type of model you are going to be using it with... ie airplane, heli etc ... and other related settings. The bind area would have been after setting up the model type in the transmitter.

What you mention finding was dealing with what your computer USB settings were and I wouldn't have thought disabling it as a game controller would have lead to anything since that is what these are typically setup as in most computers. I also have no experience with Macs ... I work on and build Windows PC's only. So the winner is you and I can't take any credit for the solution you found since on a PC, I'd have left those settings alone.

PS... Thanks for mentioning what it was that resolved your situation. It's bound to help others that may have a Mac at some point.

Air Sick

Randy,

I admit that it sounded like I was talking about the computer, but I was in fact talking about an option in the NX8 Functions screen. I attached a picture of the bottom of page 25 of the NX8 manual where it explains (sort of) what is going on.

NX8 Manual pg  25.jpeg

I'm guessing now but the transmitter either came with this setting on Game Controller mode or switched to that mode when I plugged in the USB cable between the NX8 and the computer (iMac). Anyway it was my fault for not reading the manual all the way to page 25.

Note to self: READ THE MANUAL!

Latter,

Tom

Top Bottom