General New 2835 brushless motor doesn't work right. Help.

Jay

I have a hb 2835 brushless motor and a 450 clone. I had a motor problem (I grinded shaft to much to adj. teeth). So i Bought the 2835 brand new. All 3 wires coming off motor were all black. And needed me to put ends on wires. I read somewhere that it don't matter which wire goes to which. But when I plug it in and give it throttle the motor just shakes. The shaft won't spin. On the motor currently I have it setup with heat shrink colors, 2 outside wires black and red, and middle wire blue. I tried swapping the two outside wires and had same result. Any ideas?

Tony

Staff member
This could be anything from a bad motor to a bad ESC to a battery that is too low on voltage. If you give it some throttle then spin the can by hand, does it start spinning? Another thing to check is all solder joints including the joint going form the wire that you hook to the ESC where it's soldered onto the stator winding wire. this will most likely void any warranty you have, so if you have a warranty, call them for a replacement first before cutting into any wires.

Jay

The esc is good,because the old motor works, just can't use it anymore. Is it true it don't matter which wires are hooked up to esc, in any order. Like I said when I got the motor all wires were black with no ends.
And I wander if my solder job wasn't the best or good enough.

It's true it doesn't matter. Once you have them coneected if the motor spins the wrong way, you just swap two of the wires around.

Tony

Staff member
Shouldn't,t this be in the 450 heli thread.

Good catch, even I missed that lmao. Moved to the correct section.

As stated, it doesn't matter where the wires go.

Can you spin the motor by hand? Do you feel any resistance other than the cogging?

Jay

Good catch, even I missed that lmao. Moved to the correct section.

As stated, it doesn't matter where the wires go.

Can you spin the motor by hand? Do you feel any resistance other than the cogging?

Trying to find where you relocated this?

Tony

Staff member
It's in the helicopter section under "helicopter beginner help area". We do not allow any questions to be asked other than in the tech forums. It helps others out down the road when they do a search here on the forum. Easier to find information.

Also, you can see the breadcrumb just under the navbar of the track it takes to get to this section. It will look like the below...

Forum > Rc Vehicles > Helicopters > Helicopter Beginner Help Area > New 2835 brushless motor doesn't work right. Help.

Top Bottom