New Heli Pilot From The Netherlands

Hello everyone,

I've registered to this forum a few weeks ago and realized I haven't introduced myself yet.
I'm Vincent from the Netherlands and kind of new in the rc helicopter hobby.
I've owned a couple of fixed pitch birds for some years now (v911 and v912) but in the last few years they have been collecting dust. A few weeks ago however I've decided to use them again and shortly after realized I was ready for the next step, collective pitch.
I've been wanting to build a CP helicopter myself for quite a while and was looking into the ALZRC 450 kit when I've found the build video's on this forum. At the moment the kit has arrived, but I'm still waiting on the electronics. I did notice the stiff gear mesh on the tail gears like in the video, so I've also ordered the official align gears as suggested. We'll see how they fit in.
I was foolish enough to let my 9 year old son fly my v911 in the house (hey dad, can I try...it doesn't look that hard) and where I would throttle down on a crash, he didn't and broke the wires to the tail motor so close to the motor, I couldn't solder them together anymore.
So I decided to order a micro CP also, to practice and fly inside and now I also own a XK K100. Unfortunately during checkup of all the screws and components of the model I accidentally opened up one of the servo's and all the gears fell out. By carefully opening another I could figure out where all the screws were supposed to go, but somehow never got it right as it didn't feel so smooth as the other servo's.
I didn't want to take the change and decided to order a new servo for a couple of Euro's and now have to wait for it to arrive.

I also have a couple of questions about this issue, but I'll ask it in the proper section of the forum.

Cheers,
Vincent

Tony

Staff member
Hey Vincent, I remember your comment on one of our videos, glad to see you on the forum!

The ALZRC Devil 450 is a great helicopter for what it is. It's still a clone and Align parts are needed, but all in all, it's pretty good. I still need to finish mine, life got in the way, but it's on the shelf behind me in every video (twitch.tv/rchelpdotcom) and I have plans on pulling it down and getting it done. I have since put on a Tarot DFC head but have not set it up yet.

Collective pitch is HARD! Just get ready for it. Practice on a simulator as much as you can, muscle memory is your best tool. And as always, if you have questions, post up and ask. We are always happy to help.

:welcomefl:

Thank you Tony. I realize Collective Pitch is HARD. I welcome the challenge. I do currently train on a simulator as often as I can and already detect some progress. Hovering tail in only so far, but I'll get there.
Besides, it's probably going to take me a while to build the 450.

Tony

Staff member
I like to put emphasis on it being hard. Some people read that it's hard, but don't realize just how much practice you need going into it lol. Since you are doing good on the sim tail in, practice this on the little guy. Then try your side in hovering on the sim, then on the helicopter. I have a little 120 that will be on the way that I plan on doing some training videos with if it works good. Time for us to get back to our roots. I miss doing the simple and yet technical videos.

Delininja

I will chime in on this as well. CP is hard. Keep your throttle on reg mode. Start on ez mode witch means do not learn CP helis in Idle Up mode! You can fly a CP heli like a fixed pitch heli in Regular mode. If you hit the Idle Up switch, you motor will go full throttle and you will freak the heck out the first time it happens and your heli will be ether lost forever in the clouds or a sidewalk pancake. Use training gear on your skids the first times you are flying a CP. Use Em! and be very gentile on the sticks. V911s and V912s are great trainers but if you go to CP, it will be different. It wil be way more responsive and way more unstable if you push your sticks too hard. If you know TX programming pretty well, put in a lot of expo for your first flight. And what expo you ask lol, all of em. Soften your entire swash and throttle or stock, it will be punchy as hell.

leedude1

Welcome aboard sir.. ask away alot of good people to be found here.
They've walked me through alot of my learnings.
Glad to say its ongoing.

Anyway reach out, take your time and enjoy.

Top Bottom