New Member From A Mile High

Mazin

Greetings from Colorado!

Newbie(ish) to quads but have been Buidling flying RC Airplanes off and on since I was about 6. Joined after finding a help video on betaflight by RC help and figured I'd check it out. RC Help has a pretty good setup here and I look forward to conversing with you all.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:welcome1: Mazin! Members on this site are awesome and very helpful. Any questions...just ask :popcorn:

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Mazin! Post up some pictures of your fleet when you get a chance.

:welcome1:

Mazin

Lol the Mazin....I have had this name forever so if you join a forum and theres a mazin there its more than likely me.

Thanks I will be asking questions shortly. I have a LHI 210mm thats being the biggest PIA. Swapped out FC because the f3 that came with it was crap now I've got a decent airbus but im still struggling with betaflight tweaks.

Tony funny thing about my fleet....is i decommissioned about 40 planes over the last 3-4 years because of lack of flying and space. Jist starting to get back into the plane realm and buidling a astrohog biplane i started years years ago. Doing electric on it though because the last plane i decommissioned that i hated too was a senior telemaster thay was so glow soaked that nothing worked on it so i think im getting out of gas.....although i have a p51d kit that makes me think twice about selling all the nitro stuff. Most of my planes now are deltas made out of foam ($6 airframes) that i put stupid power setups on.

1st pic is my astro battery hatch (yup pilfered that of rc groups).

Second is my last delta build.

Final was my beloved telemaster i had to scrap

Attachments

• 20191117_121834.jpg
    20191117_121834.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20191017_115553.jpg
    20191017_115553.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20191019_131043.jpg
    20191019_131043.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 2

Tony

Staff member
Funny thing, my RCH Trainer is actually based off of the Telemaster Mini (48" version) which I do have the real Telemaster mini out in the old studio/shop. Never flown though. I didn't like 3 channel and they didn't have an aileron wing for it when I started my mods. Then they came out with the aileron wing, then got rid of it again.

I do have more planes, mostly 3D planes like Edge 540's and Extra 260's. Love those things. But I also have a Decathlon, F4U and I have a little P-40 that is sitting in a box just waiting to be built. But man that is a big project that takes up a LOT of space.

Have you thought about using coroplast to make your wings? We used to have battles out at the old flying field with those planes. They were nitro back then though lol.

Mazin

Lmao!
I was just thinking about dogfighting with the deltas today. Never thought of cloroplast but i will check it out. I will say though with the shipping tape covering its damn near bullet proof. I did that one for a friend looking to learn to fly. My next one will be poly'd and painted. We used to take the old f27 stryker airframes and fiber glass them, put stupid power systems on them and make runs at the radar gun.....ahh the memories lol

The telemaster i had was 74"x 64" and it had about a foot and a half of ailerons on it with a satio 100. I know what your saying about 3 channel stuff though and yea im not a fan either (even though i have a lazybee from my grandfather).

Tony

Staff member
Yea, the traditional Telemaster had ailerons. The Mini was more for park flying. It did do well on 3 channel with just dihedral and a rudder, but I never liked flying like that way. Just not enough control IMO. But, I also learned on a 4 channel plane so it felt like going backwards. Who knows, maybe one of these days I will pull it down out of the rafters (where all my planes are lol) and finish the ailerons and put it in the air.

If you are good at shaping, that foam is exactly what you stated, bulletproof. Very good resistance to crashes and most little dents push themselves out. Major crashes, nothing a little hot shot won't cure lol.

Mazin

Im getting better at shaping by sanding right now but i plan on building up a hotwire cutter asap, theres a need for a tomcat in my future. The foam im using now is just the $6 insulation sheets at home depot. A little hot glue here, some cutiing there and its the cheapest airframe ive ever used lol.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I've been getting my foam board from the dollar tree. For $2.00 I can build my little foam board plane that I fly. Of course without the electronics :).

Mazin

Lol yea with no guts it doesnt fly that well. Thats one thing I've been blessed with, most of my electronics came from my grandfather before he passed so i have a decent stock, just only 1 lipo lthough so ill be making a order next month. If you ever need anything just pm me!

Top Bottom