New Member "whiskey Jack"

whiskey jack

Whiskey Jack here, from Ontario Canada. I have been, for the last several years, enjoying this wonderful hobby. For the last 2 working on getting "Wings". I enjoy electrics, nito's and lately rebuilding/refurbishing old models folks no longer want. It is interesting to see a vintage model brought back to life and to fly again.
It is my hope that I can help someone or be helped by someone so that we are all the better for our efforts. WJ.

whiskey jack

Sorry to be absent from the forum for so long. Between covid, family and flying lessons there hasn't been a lot of spare time. Admiral asked for some pictures of my restorations. Not exactly sure how to do this, but here goes.
This is my first restoration, a "Gentle Lady" that I modified to a motor glider. New Soltext covering, electronics and repairs you can't see. Very enjoyable re-build. Interesting how models were built back in the day. WJ

Attachments

• IMG_1364.JPG
    IMG_1364.JPG
    401 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1365.JPG
    IMG_1365.JPG
    391.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1366.JPG
    IMG_1366.JPG
    336 KB · Views: 2

whiskey jack

This is the second restoration, a Falcon 56. I got the airframe with new covering and landing gear from a member of our club. I needed to install servos, fuel tank and a vintage motor I found in another members scrap heap, Th motor is an old OS 40 that was seezed but I was able to get it running with help from flying instructor. I used this plane as my trainer this past summer. As soon as I get my wings I will probably donate it back to the club for another student to use. WJ

Attachments

• IMG_1367.JPG
    IMG_1367.JPG
    423.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1368.JPG
    IMG_1368.JPG
    392.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1369.JPG
    IMG_1369.JPG
    372.2 KB · Views: 2

whiskey jack

So that brings me to my current project. I have yet to identify this model. I have looked on the web but with no clue as to the identity it is difficult. Perhaps a member of this forum will recognize it and let me know the name. I am guessing it would 1980 or maybe earlier. The model was again given to me but it was in rough shape. SO a complete tear down, repairs to the wings and air frame, new covering, wheels, push rods, control horns; well you get the picture. Still a work in progress but I am having an interesting time working on it. WJ

Attachments

• IMG_1362.JPG
    IMG_1362.JPG
    371.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1360.JPG
    IMG_1360.JPG
    424 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1361.JPG
    IMG_1361.JPG
    377.9 KB · Views: 2

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there whiskey jack and :welcome1: Some nice projects you got going on. Keeps you busy during the snow season huh. Keep the pics coming and thanks for sharing :).

Top Bottom