Ron Stewart

Hello from New Jersey, I just joined this forum and wanted to say hello to all. I am some what new to flying rc heli's, but have been flying airplanes for a while now. Changing over to all heli flying. I prefer sab goblins and align trex's, also have some scale heli's.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:welcome1:to the forum Ron. If you need any help, just ask away. There's no such thing as dumb questions on this site. We are all here to help in anyway we can :). You have a good taste in helis :hdbng: When you can, post up some pics of your fleet.

Ron Stewart

:welcome1:to the forum Ron. If you need any help, just ask away. There's no such thing as dumb questions on this site. We are all here to help in anyway we can :). You have a good taste in helis :hdbng: When you can, post up some pics of your fleet.
Ok thanks, Actually I do have a question that maybe you can help me with. I bought a used Sab goblin 570 from a guy on face book. He was a hard 3D flyer. I am just doing scale circuits at this point. I don't like the amount of negative pitch he has on the blades. I have kind of been struggling on landing (coming down to fast) due to the amount of negative pitch. So my question is: can I decrease the amount of negative pitch just by mechanically adjusting the blade grip connector arms to the swash? or do I have to go into the FBL system to decrease the amount of pitch in the blades?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I my self would go through the FBL system and make sure you have the +/- pitch you prefer. +10/-10 is a good starting point and take it from their. I have my pitch set @ +13/-13 but that me.

Ron Stewart

I my self would go through the FBL system and make sure you have the +/- pitch you prefer. +10/-10 is a good starting point and take it from their. I have my pitch set @ +13/-13 but that me.
Ok, I will do it through the FBL system. Thanks for your advice! The pitch is at +\- 13 now and that feels a bit aggressive for me, so I will try the +/-10 as you suggest.

Geena

Staff member
If you`re not a 3D pilot, you can also set the normal mode pitch curve to 40%,45%,50%,75%,100%. That will reduce the negative pitch range, but still leave enough to be able to auto. It will also allow you smother, slower landings.

Ron Stewart

If you`re not a 3D pilot, you can also set the normal mode pitch curve to 40%,45%,50%,75%,100%. That will reduce the negative pitch range, but still leave enough to be able to auto. It will also allow you smother, slower landings.
Perfect, that is exactly what I am looking for, slower smoother landings. I will try this before messing with the FBL system. Thanks for the advice!

Top Bottom