New to forum and rc heli

Derrick

Good day everyone. I've been flying rc planes for 2 years now and currently endeavoring to learn to fly collective pitch rc helicopters. I have bought two used rc helicopters with spares to learn on. A Hobbyking HK450v2 with flybar and a Align Trex 500ESP also with flybar. I have installed training gears on the HK450 and been practicing to hover exclusively with this bird while the Trex500 is just on display until i'm proficient enough with the 450. Been practising also on the sim but so far i'm still not able to hold her steady in a hover just inches from the ground. Been viewing the youtube videos and now registered here for more help when i need it. Hopefully my learning curve won't be that steep and enjoy flying rc helicopters sooner. Cheers.

Geena

Staff member
Hi Derrick, and welcome to RC-Help. I used to have a T-Rex 500 ESP.....many years ago, and I loved it! Very solid flying helicopter. The thing with helicopters is, there are no shortcuts. So take it slow, and go through all the necessary steps in learning to fly. Don`t try to fly around until you have gotten proficient with all four upright hover orientations. It takes a while to get it, so keep going, and don`t give up. Getting up a few feet off the ground will help smooth out your hovering too, because you`ll be out of ground effect.

Welcome again, and if you need help with anything at all...don`t hesitate to ask. We`re all one big happy family here. :)

garyv 440

forget about flying those until you get comfortable on something with SAFE mode....speaking as someone who has been flying helis for a while , it's going to cause you a lot of frustration trying to learn on a flybar heli of that size....contact me and I can give you a great price on a Blade 200S and a ton of spare parts....a great beginner heli...

Top Bottom