neXt RC

murankar

Staff member
I got some sim time on neXt RC. Holy cow this sim is rocking. Its super simple to set up, not at first; and get any controller working. Now with that said some controllers may need a special wireless usb add on. My Vcontrol worked via usb without any other special connections. All I had to do is calibrate and assign a couple basic switches and thats it. I did not have to set up a model in the vcontrol, reason why, you need a VBar connected to even get to any kind of model set up.

What is so cool about this sim? It is cross platform compatible OOB. For windows there are two options for down load, non exe and exe based. I chose the non exe which is a single file folder on my desk top. Once in the sim you are left with an Align T-Rex Dominator L 550 (i believe). if you right click you will bring up the options menu or you could press ESC or H, cant remember right off hand; either way you have a couple ways to call up the options.

Under the options you can choose the airframe, airframe setup, sim setup, radio setup and a few other options. I suggest you go to radio set and get the radio calibrated and to assign the channels. I had to assign the throttle cut, and reset switches. You will also have to choose the mode of the radio on this screen. Once that was all done I calibrated the radio. Took me about 30 minutes the first time through, after that it took about 5 minutes to reset and reasign and calibrate the radio. Once that is done your ready to fly.

Helicopter tuning is almost unlimited. There are manyn things to change to make the model fly just like yours. It is strongly suggested that a user is asked to tune based on real life feel. With that said I will be adding more soon.

murankar

Staff member
I have to get some tuning to get done but for now it feels real smooth. Autoing needs a bit of a tune also, the X3 feels like it has a ton of head speed. The X3 will putter out real quick in real life. So I need to find the settings that slow the blades down while not powered.

murankar

Staff member
Shees I got lots of ideas to get vieoed just not the right environment on the PC. Working that issue right now though.

trainrider06

Ya we need some good instructional videos on the newest stuff for sure!
Keep working on em man, we'll get there!

murankar

Staff member
Does that when you go into throttle hold. Its part of a trainer to teach you 3 degrees of pitch. It also allows to see what happens when collective is the variable in good vs. bad autos.

Last edited:

HeliYaw

For those of you who happen to have Oculus Rift or HTC VIVE headsets, neXt CGM Simulator now has Virtual Reality support with full head tracking for the most realistic simulation experience ever.
The VR versions are on their download page and are a free version for those of you with a neXt license.
There are some tips and tricks I can share for anyone who's interested.

vyrnguy

For those of you who happen to have Oculus Rift or HTC VIVE headsets, neXt CGM Simulator now has Virtual Reality support with full head tracking for the most realistic simulation experience ever.
The VR versions are on their download page and are a free version for those of you with a neXt license.
There are some tips and tricks I can share for anyone who's interested.

Cool, I bought the Next Sim, because of the reviews here. Hope to see you guys sim online soon.

Vyrn

Top Bottom