OCDAY Multipurpose Balancer For Props Tires & More

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

Ocday Multipurpose Balancer For Props Tires & More

I was pretty excited to get this balancer in the mail. I have been wanting one like this for quite some time now. But never wanted to drop the coinage on it. Now that I have used it, I'm kicking myself for waiting! This balancer can do just about anything from props, to entire helicopter heads to wheels and tires to clutch fan assemblies, they all mount on this fantastic ballancer!

Have a look at the video and be sure to post up your questions, comments and suggestions!

OCDAY Multipurpose Balancer Props Helicopter Heads Wheels Tires - YouTube

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Here is an update on this balancer. Or lack thereof...

I got this thing back out of the box, determined to straighten that shaft. It's only steel, right? NOPE. Well, it is, but it's a VERY HARD steel. It's so hard in fact that you can NOT bend it. I attempted to "GENTLY" bend it back into place and SNAP! Broke right in half with small pieces of metal flying everywhere.

My conclusion is, this shaft was bent when it was made. There is no way that it could get bent that much without breaking. The runout on this shaft was about .035", which is a LOT! And if I couldn't bend it back, then there is no way someone bent it into that shape.

My advice is, get the real deal, for less money, and comes with a TRUE straight shaft.

But if you want to spend more money just to balance your helicopter rotor heads, be my guest. If you get a straight shaft, congrats to you. For me though, balancing heads is all this balancer is going to do.

Top Bottom