Old man with a new hobby.

exctmt

So, at 77 I decided to get into RC Airplanes. A LOT to learn. Winter here so I have only flown once. The club has trainers, so I got a chance to fly an Apprentice STS on the last day of tolerable weather.. I own an Apprentice STS, an Aeroscout, a Durafly Tundra, an Avro Lancaster V3 "Dumbo" British WWII Heavy Bomber and I am building a Piper Cub J3 1800mm laser-cut wood kit. Can't pass up a good deal......
Can't wait to get flying. I really want a Fan Jet of some sort. Like a Worthog or F-16. Love to go fast. When I was young we were drag racers.
Thanks for the membership welcome. ,

Attachments

• 20230211_095031.jpg
    20230211_095031.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Pabst Funny Car1.jpg
    Pabst Funny Car1.jpg
    580.2 KB · Views: 1

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:welcome1:to the site exctmt and never too young to get into RC :). From one extreme to another...awesome. Keep the pics coming we always enjoy them plus video too :hdbng:

mudbogger

Welcome to the forum exctmt!!! As D.O.G. mentioned, you’re never too old for R/C. It’s cool to see you’re building a kit too…not many people are going that route these days, but you’ll gain a lot of experience from it. If you have any questions about any of your projects, receiver questions, transmitter questions, etc - you’ve come to the right place! Theres several people here willing to help, so ask away. And again, welcome to the forum!

Top Bottom