250 Oxy 3 hello 270 pro

Johnny 007

Yo yo
I've just bought an oxy 3 helli pretty mad were I bought it from was from a bloke who flew it just a couple times so still brand new..

He showed me a video of it flying without ease I've brand it home an I've binded it to my spectrum dx6i everything works sweet but the O my problem I have is wen it's about to take off it tilts to the left untill Blades hit the floor an I stop it from going any further or causing some major damage I've watched video after video on how to fix this an I just can't seem to solve the problem can anyone help me out here it's doin me hard I've tried for two weeks now an still carn't work it out.. someone Holla out to me an help

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Howdy Johnny and welcome to the site. I don't have an Oxy3 but If I was you, even though the heli is new and if you have the manual, I would go throughout the heli and check everything out. Check the servo links to see if all the cyclic servo links are the same size and so on. Doesn't hurt to do a Pre-pre-flight check-up. I would also check the settings on your TX. I'm just throwing it out there :2c:

Johnny 007

Howdy Johnny and welcome to the site. I don't have an Oxy3 but If I was you, even though the heli is new and if you have the manual, I would go throughout the heli and check everything out. Check the servo links to see if all the cyclic servo links are the same size and so on. Doesn't hurt to do a Pre-pre-flight check-up. I would also check the settings on your TX. I'm just throwing it out there :2c:
I don't have a manual for it thats half the problem lol. As for dx I've got it set to a video I watched on u tube wich may not b exactly correct but enough to get it into the air atleast

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi there Johnny 007, You're in very good hands with these guys and plenty more on this site. Learned from these guys the importance of having training gear secured to the skids. Still use them after a rebuilt or new model for safety purpose for the first few flights. A very important factor to remember that the Oxy 3 is FBL if I'm correct and need to setup your DX6i swash for 90 degrees that's one servo. The FBL in your heli will do the rest following the proper steps. :banana:

buel williams

Hi there Johnny 007, You're in very good hands with these guys and plenty more on this site. Learned from these guys the importance of having training gear secured to the skids. Still use them after a rebuilt or new model for safety purpose for the first few flights. A very important factor to remember that the Oxy 3 is FBL if I'm correct and need to setup your DX6i swash for 90 degrees that's one servo. The FBL in your heli will do the rest following the proper steps. :banana:
I agree with James also I have a dx6i and I retired it. now use dx6 and dx9. what type of FBL is it that could be something to check out.

Johnny 007

Yeh it has got the fbl system on it correct how do u set the swash for 90 degrees is that through the remote controll or via the hellicopter itself.. sorry I'm just trying to understand it all as I brought already built an ready to fly I just had to bind my remote to it

buel williams

Yeh it has got the fbl system on it correct how do u set the swash for 90 degrees is that through the remote controll or via the hellicopter itself.. sorry I'm just trying to understand it all as I brought already built an ready to fly I just had to bind my remote to it
like James said in your TX or radio set your swash at normal and or 90 degrees and let your FBL do the rest.

Johnny 007

hope that works for you. if not do you know if all three servos move up and down together you may have pitch or left side servo reversed.
Ok so I've sorted the tilting on take off.. instead of tilting hard left an putting the blades down it now slides across the ground fast it's reallly annoying me now I just Wana get it in the air god damit

buel williams

Ok so I've sorted the tilting on take off.. instead of tilting hard left an putting the blades down it now slides across the ground fast it's reallly annoying me now I just Wana get it in the air god damit
to lift off the ground your blades must have positive pitch do you know which way your blades are pitching.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
You should feel light on the skids a little above mid stick on the collective, not completely clear of the ground yet. That's when you'll see positive pitch kick in and your heli starts to climb slowly. To me that's the best part of flying :peaceful:

buel williams

You should feel light on the skids a little above mid stick on the collective, not completely clear of the ground yet. That's when you'll see positive pitch kick in and your heli starts to climb slowly. To me that's the best part of flying :peaceful:
yes sir love that feel, you can also unplug your motor, move your stick up leading edge of blade should pitch up. that's positive pitch.

Top Bottom