phoenix vs clearview

RandyDSok

I don't believe that changing programs will have any impact on how entertaining or boring you are going to be... Real Flight has slightly more realistic flight dynamics from what I'm told. Try connecting with another pilot and fly together... that should help the most. I know when I go out to the field ( which has now been over a year darn it ) and fly by myself... it's as you mentioned, boring... I just remember that I'm there for practice and training and take it for what it is. Of course, only so much training can be stood at any one time... so I do play around a little just to entertain myself but it isn't like having a group of people out there with you.

Lee

What are you using the sim for?
If you are treating it like a game, then yes it gets old very quickly. If you are using it as a tool to learn new skills, then the learning process should make it interesting.
I only sim to learn new moves, not to entertain myself. Thats what I have and Xbox for :D
Hope that makes sense dude.

hawk-i

Yeah that makes sense it's just that the sim seems so out of touch with the real thing. I can hover and do fig 8's with my real helis but seem to crash with every turn with the sim. TG its only on the sim.

Lee

Strange, its normally the other way round :) I find the sim much easier than the real thing. Are you using a small heli in the sim? Most people find the 700 size helis to be more accurate than the little 450. I fly the Nitro Whiplash on phoenix.

Tony

Staff member
Going to RF6.5 will use more resources on your computer if you compare then full graphics to full graphics. Phoenix I think is a little more oriented towards heli's since there are a LOT of them on there from a lot of different manufacturers. RF is more of a plane, but the helis are VERY close to being true. I like flying both as I have both, it just depends on what I'm wanting to fly.

But as Lee stated, if you treat it as a game, it does get boring. Online flight is fantastic if your internet can handle it. And also as stated, it's usually the other way around. I can bust out some Smack in the sim, but I'm the hover master in real life lmao.

Top Bottom