Cars Please Help The Dad Of A Noob. Motor Stops After Ten Meters

Matt.adamson

Hi.

I wonder if someone could please help me. My son wanted a RC car for his 10th birthday. Something s bit better than the usual 20 pound little Kidd's cars. So I bought a car from banggood after seeing a youtuber rave about some of their budget cars. So I bought it. 80 pounds and ready to go out the box. It's faster than my tamiya boomerang I had when I was a kid. We had a good 20 min blast then it cut out. Stopped dead. Not even a go slow crawl. I presumed the battery died. I put it on charge for an hour, then took it out. It went ten meteres then stoped dead again. No motor action at all. The stearing works though. So it's connected to the remote. I presumed the battery needed more charge. Repeated the exact same process of charge for hour, drive, and cut out. Given the two months it took fir the order to arrive, and the lack of customer service, I'm praying it's not going to have to be returned to the supplier. I've checked the three cables to the motor. They seem solid.
Sorry for poor typing. Im going this on my phone.

Any suggestions appreciated

Take care guys
Matt

thisoldtmaxx

Do you have a link to the RC? There’s a long of missing info to give any kind of guess (from me at least) but here are my stab in the dark guesses!

Batteries- takes less amperage to steer then turn the drive motor. Make sure it’s being charged correctly. The lipos use a Constant voltage /constant current chargers. Very different (like catches on fire different) then nickel metal hydride type.

Receiver- could try temporarily switching the Servo connections. If you’re able to operate the throttle with the steering channel. (When switched) Could mean that One of the channels are dead on the receiver or transceiver

Motor/esc- not sure an easy way to test the esc short of having an oscilloscope on hand. but you can check the windings in the motor with a multi meter. Checked the resistance between phases, (The three wires) I don’t know what they should be, but as long as they are pretty close to the same, that’s a good indication of the health of the motor.

Also a noob tho. so please take my suggestions with a double dose of salt.

-Chris

Top Bottom