Trucks project losi (xxx-nt) childhood toys

redeyejedi

jeren i phone 002.jpgjeren i phone 003.jpgjeren i phone 004.jpg

[video=youtube_share;W3JLZzQ1ejA]http://youtu.be/W3JLZzQ1ejA[/video]
first start after ten + years lots of grim comeing out of the motor but i guess u will get that after ten years lol

jeren i phone 002.jpg

jeren i phone 003.jpg

jeren i phone 004.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Sounds good bro. Just make sure to 1, NOT run that filter you had in the pictures, that thing has a LOT of holes for dirt to get into and 2. run a proper filter when it's running, I didn't see one on it. Dirt will destroy these things in a HURRY if you run them without a filter. Now, get out there and drive the crap out of this thing lmao.

redeyejedi

it had a little old junky one on it lol but ya thats not the right filter it needs a new one but i need to clean the motor out the bearings are leaking bad and the pullstart is leaking too i think my diff needs some new gears also just cant get it off i have got two bad screws at a stand still as of now
jeren i phone 002.jpgjeren i phone 003.jpgjeren i phone 004.jpgjeren i phone 005.jpgjeren i phone 006.jpg
[video=youtube_share;SAQShX4Hzqc]http://youtu.be/SAQShX4Hzqc[/video]
do they still make parts for this old thing?

jeren i phone 002.jpg

jeren i phone 003.jpg

jeren i phone 004.jpg

jeren i phone 005.jpg

jeren i phone 006.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, you can still get parts for it, you just have to search for them. I know AMain has them. And I'm sure there are others. If you do in fact need a diff gear, CLICK HERE. It's the stock gear that loves to melt out the center lmao. Oh the good days.

And yes, it seems that there is something slipping really bad in there.

As for those screws, I have found a left handed drill bit to be best. It spins CCW and when it grabs really good, will back that screw out with ease. Then, just go to your LHS, or order than off the internet and replace the ones that are bad. Here is a really good place to make sure you have quality allen drivers.

Man, I think I'm more excited about this truck than you are lmao. Takes me back to the good ole days.

redeyejedi

i took a dremal and cut a slit in the screw head and used a flat head to back it out but a left handed drill is a good idea thanks i got it off and found the problem lol
i think i can get one for $3
jeren i phone 007.jpg

jeren i phone 007.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I have seen that site many times. Make sure when you go back together with it, you tighten it just a little more than they state. That will help protect that gear. Might want to order a few or pick up a few if you can get them locally. If you didn't see it, I put a link to those gears on AMainHobbies website.

redeyejedi

ya i seen them on that site they were a little over 3 bucks i will pick up a couple and the ceramic balls to go in it i dont know if my LHS can get them for me i cant wait to get it going agin im so pumped lol i feel like a kid agin everyone should have a nitro car lol

Tony

Staff member
Make sure to use some thick grease in there, like the bearing grease that I used in the T-Maxx. If you can keep them clean and lubed, it should last forever. Can't wait to see it running.

redeyejedi

well the ol girl is up and running like a champ but ran into another issue yesterday the one way bearing went so now it wont pull over lol always somethig with this thing but should be good to go after i get that hope to have a vid up soon of it ripping ran one tank through it and couldnt get it started agin due to the one way bearing

redeyejedi

what will i have to do to set the motor up for that take the pullstart off a new back plate and then get a starter box there the ones that u set the car on and it spins the motor from the bottom right ? i think i would have to change my chassie too or no ?

Tony

Staff member
In all honesty, you should just have to get the box. There should be a cutout just below your flywheel on teh engine where the rubber wheel will come up into the chassis to start the engine. It will spin the engine in the same direction as it does when it's running so you will not have to remove the pull start. You will need batteries for the starter box though. I just think it's a lot easier. If you plan on having a LOT of fun with the truck, it's easier than the pull start. But, if this is just an occasional run up and down the block, then I would replace the one way bearing in the pull start and save that money from a starter box for something else.

Top Bottom