Projects Project Number 1 Glow to Electric conversion

sneezy007

Hi everyone,

As promised here are pictures of the airplane. Does anyone know what kind of airplane this is?
This airplane is not in bad shape. It's a bit smelly from the glow fuel. The cowl needs to be fixed. I'll need to find someone who can work with balsa.
It needs a motor, esc, pushrods, servos, clevis', prop. I got if for free, so not going to complain.

Cheers

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Sneezy. The pictures did attached and the plane looks like with a little TLC, it will be a nice plane :).

RandyDSok

Possibly it's a Sig Four Star ( they have them in several sizes )... but the canopy is a little off I think.

RandyDSok

First thing I'd suggest doing... is checking where your CG is at currently after you dry fit without mounting anything. Then adjust where you mount everything after that.

As an IC engine airplane, the fuel tank is usually behind the firewall... if that is where it was setup for, then you may need to move things around or have the battery further back or forward to adapt to the CG.. so test fit and check CG before you commit to anything.

There are already servo mounts in the fuse... if possible use those since you will still want servos as strong ( or stronger ) than what the original ones were... so their size should be similar.

sneezy007

First thing I'd suggest doing... is checking where your CG is at currently after you dry fit without mounting anything. Then adjust where you mount everything after that.

As an IC engine airplane, the fuel tank is usually behind the firewall... if that is where it was setup for, then you may need to move things around or have the battery further back or forward to adapt to the CG.. so test fit and check CG before you commit to anything.

There are already servo mounts in the fuse... if possible use those since you will still want servos as strong ( or stronger ) than what the original ones were... so their size should be similar.
Thanks Randy, good suggestions. Was test fitting the servos yesterday. The existing mounts will work.

sneezy007

Just checked the cg, it balances perfectly. I’ll install the esc. I’m assuming I need wooden servo mounts for the wing?

Top Bottom