Push Notifications For RCH!

Tony

Staff member
Brand new feature that NO OTHER Rc site has. Rc-Help now has push notifications for Google Chrome and Fire Fox! There is a little bell in the lower right corner of the site and if you click on it, you can subscribe to Rc-help and whenever you have an alert or a new conversation, it will give you a popup like they do with YouTube, Facebook and other large sites.

All you have to do is click subscribe and you are in! This is still in Beta testing, but the results so far are VERY promising! Subscribe to it and let me know of ANY issues so I can pass them on.

Admiral

Not sure how I subscribed, but I've been getting the Alerts & Articles notification for a while, seems to be working well, I like it.

Tony

Staff member
If you are talking about the ones up in the tab, those I installed a while back and absolutely love them. If you are talking about the Alerts with the yellow balloon, those come stock on this forum version. What I'm talking about is the little bell in the lower right corner of the screen. If you are using IE or the stock android browser it will not show up. Right now it only works in Chrome, FireFox and a couple other places. If you get on with Chrome, it will ask you if you would like to receive notifications from Rc-Help. Those notifications will put up an alert in the lower right of your screen when someone comments on anything you are subscribed to. I love it and have it turned on myself.

Admiral

Hi Tony, I use Firefox and when I hover over the Bell I get "Your subscribed to notifications" can't remember subscribing, however I haven't seen notifications from it yet.

Tony

Staff member
And with this, you should get the same popup telling you "New post on thread by Tony".

Tony

Staff member
Awesome. Thanks for helping out on it. as stated, this is still in beta and they are working out all of the bugs. Thankfully there are very few.

Stambo

Unlike many other people, I tend to block or not subscribe or sometimes even unsubscribe to anything the creates popups, notifications and other crap that appears on my screen with me asking for it.
That stuff just irritates the crap out of me.
If I want to look at something I will find it, I don't need others telling me what I should look at.
But hey, that's just me, others seem to like it. :)

Tony

Staff member
I have no issue with that Stambo. It is just there so that if a member is in another tab in the browser, they can be notified that there is activity on something they are involved with. I'm just like you, those popups drive me batty, but I have them turned on for youtube so that I can reply to all of the questions asked on the videos. It will alert me when I receive a new comment on a video. Here on the site, I do have them turned on right now, but not sure if I'm going to leave them turned on. Time will tell.

Top Bottom