Spektrum Question regarding Spektrum DX6i

stab

Hi all,

I'm trying to help my son to make a snow scraper(living in swedish Lapland) driven by 4 brushless motors.
The aim is to be able to control the scaper using a DX6i at hand and on the receiver side through an arduino
sending signals to a BLDC controller and thus controlling the scraper.
In a first test to check the signals received I noticed that the pulse width is varying between 1200 - 1700 ms when
moving the transmitter joystick and furthermore joystick movement seem to affect more than one channel at
the same time. I understand that that is something essential when controlling a plane or helicopter but that
is not what I'd like for our functionality.
I'd like the transmitter to affect one channel when moving the joystick forward-backward and another channel when
moving it left-right and also be able to set the pulse width to vary between 1000 - 2000 ms.
Have read the manual but it didn't actually make it clear for me on how to bring that about.

My question: Is that possible and how should I set the transmitter to achieve that?:05.18-flustered:

Tony

Staff member
The TX should be able to go from 1000-2000, you will have to raise each channel to 125% or the highest it will go in the travel menu.

As for it moving other channels, it should not do this if you are on a plane setup. Planes do not have any mixing like a swash on a helicopter, and should only move one channel at a time per stick input. Just make sure there is no mix setup in the model and you don't have "flaperons" set as the wing type.

Top Bottom