Qx Aluminum Alloy Multifunctional Soldering Station Sucks

Tony

Staff member
I did a review on the Qx 'Aluminum' soldering station, and I was not impressed with it then. I have been using it (mainly to save my desk lol) for different projects, the latest being the XT60 to EC5 adapter. I decided I would take some pictures of the block which is definitely NOT aluminum!

The other thing about this is it is PAINTED! And paint melts when you are getting things up to about 350C, where I solder most things. I end up having to use some scotch brite or my xacto knife to get the paint off of it.

The link below is for the soldering station. I do not suggest it in any way but wanted to include the link so you can see what I'm referring to.

QX Aluminum Alloy Multifunctional Soldering Station XT60 XT90 T Banana Plug

IMG_6587.JPG
IMG_6588.JPG
IMG_6589.JPG

Tony

Staff member
They do actually sell one that is aluminum, but it is about 4x the price (I think, been a while lol). This one was sent to me as a "must review item". So, I'm reviewing it almost every time I use it and my review is not doing them any good lmao. The plastic under the paint is actually not that bad. It is high temp and stands up to the heat produced from soldering. The chip you see was caused by me, but the holes should be radiused anyway.

Smoggie

I picked one up a couple of months back from BG which is just the same, advertised as aluminium but in reality painted plastic. Very disappointing.

Top Bottom