Cars Rc car works on stand at full power but when on ground has little speed and is intermittent.

rcK

Having issues with one of my Rc cars as it works on a stand at full power but soon as you put it on the ground it has little speed and is intermittent. I had this issue back in the day but can't remember the fix Any know what this may be?.
My RC specs:
2s lipo 5300mah 55c
Hobbywing 6000kv burshless motor
Cheap Tsky 120a esc

Thanks

rcK

Hey rcK and :welcome1:. Sounds like the clutch needs adjusting. Tightening if I'm correct. :2c:
Hi D.O.G thanks for the reply.
I believe my car does not have a slipper clutch it's a hsp on road model number 94123.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230114-015125.png
    Screenshot_20230114-015125.png
    644.9 KB · Views: 3

rcK

Post links to the exact car, esc, motor, Tx and Rx you have.
CAR: Flying Fish Toyota Trueno Electric Radio Controlled Drift Car - 2.4GHz

Motor Only: https://rcecho.com/hobbywing-ezrun-6000-kv-5-5t-brushless-motor-60a-esc-speed-controller-me230/

Esc: Amazon product
2.4ghz tx & Rx (no link/name)

Also to mention the car has been turned into a road car and no longer a drift car. The car was running perfect before i done the mod1 gearing install after that the behavior was acting like it was back in the day when it had standard gears so i don't see it being the gearing i will add recent mods below.

Mods:
Front diff oil 80k
Rear diff oil 50k
Mod1 29T spur
Mod1 26T pinion
Battery 2s 5300mah 55c 7.4v
Ezrun 6000kv 5.5T motor
Cheap esc tsky 120A

Tony

Staff member
First thing I would do is verify the TX is set to go from 0 to 100 on the throttle. Next, locate your manual and recalibrate the ESC to the Tx. And make sure the ESC doesn't have some kind of limiter enabled. Some do have a feature that you can turn on that limits the power severely to help teach kids how to drive them.

rcK

First thing I would do is verify the TX is set to go from 0 to 100 on the throttle. Next, locate your manual and recalibrate the ESC to the Tx. And make sure the ESC doesn't have some kind of limiter enabled. Some do have a feature that you can turn on that limits the power severely to help teach kids how to drive them.
Thanks for the reply. I have literally done all of the things mentioned but still mind blown how it all work when the wheels are off the ground and on a stand but as soon as the cars on ground its intermittent and does not go fast nor does it brake.

Tony

Staff member
If you have done all of that, then it's testing time. First thing I would do is ohm out all 3 of the windings in the motor. They should all have the same reading, or about the same reading. So if you have red/white/blue, you would ohm out red/white, white/blue, blue/red. Post your readings if you are about to do this.

From there, may want to double checking the timing. Timing on these motors can severely reduce power. Your motor manufacturer will advise what a good timing setting is.

Top Bottom