Realflight 8 Now Available

Tony

Staff member
Just received an email that RealFlight 8 is now available for purchase. A bill for just the disk, a bill 70 for the disk and controller. Seems like it keeps getting more expensive every time they come out with a new version.. And there is NO upgrade that I have found. Thanks, but I will stick with Phoenix and their free updates.

RealFlight RF8 is here!

Admiral

I gave up on Real Flight at version 5, could not see why I should have to pay & pay & pay, Clearview is good but doesn't get upgraded, Heli-X are also paid upgrades, so Phoenix has become the SIM of choice.

ChopDrifter

Yeah RF has a tendency of milkin it's customers.

I can't wait for Phoenix 6 to come out.

Next CGM Simulator is also good free updates aswell as Steam Accurc with free updates.

Luckily there's still some choices available

ChopDrifter

I just had a bit of a read for more info on this RF 8. Apparently it has USB joystick support. I can't wait for it to be available for download to test try. Looks like the competition has just got better, can't wait for Phoenix 6

murankar

Staff member
I went with neXt rc for that very reason. I think it's bs to have to pay for every major release. Maybe they should do something like an every other release pay out. Next is cross platform and works with every controller. No need for special this or that. My vcontrol works and that's all that matters.

Darrinsp

Just ordered R/F 8 and USB DS>>> receiver to use my DX6 v-3 to fly with and Play with Heli feel again, Ive been grounded for 3 years so a hundred bucks is less than a good yard sale taco auger in with my heli.. I will report back after sim test flight....

Darrinsp

The phoenix-sim is down. It's a goner.
Well now you know how long I have been grounded!
BTW I have the trex 500 FB I cant source main shaft for but I found a box with other “fail” victims so I will measure them up and get back to you on that.

Real flight 8 arrives tomorrow so I will play with it Wednesday and share my thoughts.

Tony

Staff member
Phoenix is still playable if you have the disk. And if you need update files, I have those as well. I need to get them on the server so that others can download them. They were on their public FTP server so if they were public then, they are public now... That's the way I see it lmao. Glad I downloaded them when I did.

And yea, let me know. I only have one 500 main shaft. I think I have a feathering shaft as well. I highly doubt I will ever get another 500 (425mm) helicopter. If I get a 500, it will be a true 500.

Top Bottom