RealFlight How-To Setting up a DX8

Tony

Staff member
Okay everyone, I told you I would get this done, and here it is. The video of how to hook up the DX8 with your RealFlight simulator.

Depending on what you are flying, you will have to make a model in your Tx for planes AND heli's. This is to get your switches working the way they are supposed to. You can fly with the heli settings, but when you are flying planes, the F-Mode switch will take the plane to full throttle and the throttle stick will not do anything. This is why I suggest making two models. If you have a DX8, then you have 30 spots to choose from so it shouldn't be an issue.

Below are the EXACT files that I use on this simulator. As you saw in the video, P is for AirPlane and H is for Helicopter. PLEASE make sure you are not going to over write anything when uploading these files. They are on models 15 and 16. If you have something there, then you will need to change the file name to something different (just the first two numbers to change the location they go in, you don't have to change the name of the file from what I have unless you want to). ALWAYS make a backup of your current settings BEFORE you install any new models like this just to be safe.

RealFlight 6.5 Helicopter
View attachment 16RF65H_.SPM

RealFlight 6.5 Airplane
View attachment 15RF65P_.SPM

If you have any questions, post them up. I will help you out all that I can.

RealFlight How-To Setting Up A DX8 - YouTube

UnGwan Hwang

Thanks a lot!! I have a question. I have DX8, RealFlight 6.5 and RealFlight transmitter which is 5.0 version one. I just upgraded RealFlight program from 5.0 to 6.5. This transmitter is a little bit different from 6.5 version. 6 and 7 channel position are just different. I attached my transmitter picture. I followed your instruction. I can connect RealFlight transmitter with DX8, but all channels are mixing. For example, when I move throttle stick, Aileron and throttle channels are moving together. So, I cannot use DX8. I know it is stupid question. I should ask to RealFlight company, but Please tell me how I can do.

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

Tony

Staff member
That is the Tx that comes with the Airplane Mega Pack. The heli has the switches in different positions so that you have throttle hold on the right.

And yes, you can use your DX8 with the sim. Just made a video to show you how. Have a watch and let me know if you have any questions.

RealFlight How-To Setting Up A DX8 - YouTube

UnGwan Hwang

Thanks. I follow your instruction, but it still has a problem. The program version is 6.5 RealFlight with heli maga pack. TX is old version, so 6 and 7 channel position are just different. I attached my problem video. Please see this video and solve this problem. Have a good day.
UnGwan Hwang

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to attach my video

[video=youtube_share;PwjCgr7FWlI]http://youtu.be/PwjCgr7FWlI[/video]

Westy

LEGEND
Video is Private/...... unable to watch or helpHow to make a video private

1. Sign in to your YouTube account and click on the arrow next to Uploads at the top of the page. From the drop down menu, select Video Manager.
  2. Choose the video you want to edit and click the Edit button below the video thumbnail.
  3. Under the Broadcasting and Sharing Options section (on the left-hand side of the page towards the bottom) you'll see Privacy options. Click the little black arrow / triangle to expand and see all your privacy options.
  4. You'll see the option to make the video Public or Private. If you make your video Private then only 50 other users will be able to view the video. If you'd like all users to be able to see / view your video, you should set your video to Public.
  5. If you'd like to make your video Private, click and select the Private option.
  6. Save the changes you made to your video's settings by clicking the Save Changesbutton. Your video will now be set to Private.
Sharing private videos

If you'd like to share one of your videos with a select and limited audience, you can do so by setting your video to Private. Once the video's set to Private you'll be able to share it with up to 50 other users.
If you use a Google+ identity on YouTube​, your sharing options are slightly different than accounts that use usernames. Please make note of the differences in the directions below.
Please note:

• You cannot share a private video with more than 50 other users. If you'd like to share the video with more people, you'll need to set the video to Public or Unlisted.
  • If you use your Google+ identity on YouTube, you do not have a 50 person limit on sharing, as private video sharing is done to Google+ circles. There is no limit to the number of circles to which a Google+ user can share.
  • In order to watch a private video, your contacts must already have a YouTube account. If they don't already have an account, they'll first need to sign up for an account. If they do not sign into their account before watching the video, the video will not load.
To share a private video, follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your YouTube account and go to your Video Manager.
  2. Next, click the Uploads link. Click and choose the video you want to send to your friends. Then, click the Edit button.
  3. Under the Basic Info tab you'll see privacy options in the upper right. Click the little black arrow / triangle to expand and see all your privacy options (if its not already open and you cannot see your privacy options).
  4. If the video is set to Private, you'll see a section to enter up to 50 YouTube usernames or email addresses of people that will have access to your private videos. If you use your Google+ identity on YouTube, you will be able to share to your Google+ circles here. However, you cannot share to YouTube usernames (sharing to email addresses is still available).
Unlisted videos

SNP_2615051_en_v2

An unlisted video is a different type of private video. Unlisted means that only people who know the link to the video can view it (such as friends or family to whom you send the link). An unlisted video will not appear in any of YouTube's public spaces (such as search results, your channel, or the Browse page). An unlisted video is different to a private video in these ways:

• You don't need a YouTube account to watch the video (you can see an unlisted video if someone sends you the video's link)
  • There's no 50 person sharing limit

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Okay, what is happening here is you need to remap some of your sticks. I will post my settings and we will see if that helps.

To get into the remapping part of the sim, you will click on Controller then click on Channel Mapping. Set everything the same way I have it pictured below.

I have also added both of my files for "RF 6.5 H" and "RF 6.5 P" so that you can download them and install them into your Tx. However be aware that they will go into model 15 and 16 (15 is Airplane, 16 is Helicopter). If you have models in there already, then download the file, and change the 15 to what model you want to upload them into. Always make a backup of your current system BEFORE uploading any new models just to be safe.

Untitled.jpg

Let me know if this helps. I will be making a new video for this issue since I may have already altered this setting before making the video above. I will go into detail on how to edit your mapping. But, the settings above as well as the files in the first post should get you setup and going. Let me know.

Untitled.jpg

Tony

Staff member
The two files that you saw in the video, and which work PERFECTLY for me on my DX8 are now in the first post. Just click on the link and download the file. Make sure to read what is just above it so that you DON'T delete any of your other models.

WhyCleanIt

Thanks for posting this but I'm having a different issue. When I due the calibration or go to channel mapping it shows the same settings however when I move the throttle stick up and down it moves channel 6 up and down as well as channel 1. Any help is appreciated thank you.

Tony

Staff member
In the sim, channel 1 will be your throttle and channel 6 will be your collective pitch. They are supposed to move together if you have a linear curve on both pitch and throttle. If you change one or the other, you will see that the sliders will show different. Hope this makes sense and helps out. If not, let me know and I will try ot get into more detail.

Top Bottom