Trucks rebuild issue

snew2111

Hi my name is scott I own a traxxas t-maxx 3.3, and I just recently took it completely apart and cleaned everything. After I put it back together which I am pretty sure the right way but it goes in reverse (and there is no reverse). Can some help me tell me what to look at/what to trouble shoot. Thanks for your time.

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like you put the diff's in backwards. All you need to do is take out the diffs and flip them over. If you are looking at the diffs from the front, you will turn 180º clockwise (or CCW, doesn't matter) and reinstall them. I did this same thing, but with only one diff. Doesn't work too well when the wheels are fighting each other lol.

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

Tony

Staff member
That thing looks like a monster lol. Can't wait to see thing thing ripping up the grass!

snew2111

Tony flippin the diffs over worked thanks. Now I have an idol issue, it will start and run but as soon as I brake it shuts off or when i slow down and then hit the gas it acts like is havin trouble getting fuel. I am thinking I might need to adjust the fuel intake of the carb. What are your thoughts on this. And thanks again man for all the help man. Once I get this truck up and goin I will try and post a video.

Tony

Staff member
There is actually two issues going on with the engine. By the way, glad the diffs worked. First, when you hit the brake, it sounds to me like it's closing the carb. You need to adjust your throttle screw so that it will stay running. Also, adjust your throttle servo sub trim so that when you let go of the trigger, it sits just against the idle screw. You should have a 1mm or so gap in the carb.

The second issue is I think your bottom end is just a little too rich, or your top end is a little too lean. To adjust your bottom needle, fire it up and warm the truck up by driving it around like you normally would. Bring it back and pinch the fuel line going to the carb. It should take 3 seconds for it to shut off. If it shuts off sooner, your bottom end is too lean. If it takes longer than 3 seconds to shut off, your bottom end is too rich. Adjust the low end needle until it shuts off at exactly 3 seconds.

From there, it's just a matter of getting your temp gun and tuning the top end.

Top Bottom