450 relly bad tail wag

z257

hi i have an e-razor 450 with a gy-192 hh gyro. when ever i fly it and put to much rudder input the tail starts violently waging so much i have to set it down. ive tryied adjusting my gyro sensativity but tht seems to make it worse i have it above 50 now. but what would be the problem and how can i fix it? or is it just my crappie gyro?
thanks,
zack

murankar

Staff member
for head hold mode you need to be at 51 or higher. second have you set your travel limits of you tail servo? For the sensativity I would start at around 65, see if the tail wags while in a hover if not then bump it up about three points and check again. Keep doing this till the tail starts to wag, then bump it down about 3 points and you should be golden. For the travel limit, that should be set through the gyro programing. I am not sure how to do that on that gyro. One way to check to see if it is ok is to observe the pitch slider as you move the stick left and right. If the slider is touching metal at it's farthest points then you will need to adjust it so there is no binding.

z257

no mtter if was at 100 or 50 did it make a differance. on my tx it says mode:normal ori could switch it to avcs. idk what avcs means or is tht would help. next my txsays mix:inhibt or i can switch it to on. should my mix be on?
thanks, zack

murankar

Staff member
AVCS is the head hold mode. Not 100% sure on the mix:inhibit, although I would be willing to bet that you need that in the mix position.

I may have to pull down the manual for this one.

murankar

Staff member
Thats what I am thinking. I just tried to look at a manual but no luck on that. Which TX do you have? The manual I found is showing the Racon x6.

Lee

I've looked at the manual, which was no help.
AVCS is the head hold mode so put it to that setting.
The mixing i would say from my models should be set to inhibit. Some radios allow you to mix the throttle with rudder to stop the tail from turning when giving strong pitch/throttle inputs, but the head hold gyro should take care of that. If i find anymore info i'll let you know.

Tony

Staff member
AVCS on and Mix off. You will also have to adjust the pot on the gyro it's self for the gain. Turn it counter clockwise to lower the gain and stop the wag.

z257

all right i crashed it the other day so waiting for some parts to come in. then ill get back with y'all on how its doing. thanks alot
zack

Top Bottom