Spektrum Remove DX8 scroll wheel

kenkadish

I need to replace the scroll wheel and switches on my first generation DX8. I have obtained the proper parts (wheel and circuit board with switches). When I opened my DX8, it looks as though the circuit board for the scroll wheel is located below another, much larger board. Is there anyone who has made this swap and can confirm that the larger board needs to be removed first?

Any other tips or tricks?

Thanks,

Ken

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
If you haven't already, contact Spektrum tech support for guidance. Hopefully they can send a PDF with instructions plus photos/diagrams :victorious:

RandyDSok

I don't own any Spectrum radio... but it almost has to be under the larger board. On the DX6i and DX9's... the scroll wheel and switch is a seperate PCB that is easily accessed. From the one video I see showing the insides of the radio, the only location it could fit would be under the larger PCB on the lower left side ( looking at the electronics from the back of the radio ).

Tony, that owns this forum has or had a DX8 that he made some instructional video's for but replacing that wasn't one of them... Still, it's the only video I've seen showing most of the insides.... and also shows his disassembly method that he uses...

Here is his video... perhaps he'll see this thread and make more informed comments that can be of more use...

Top Bottom