Removed The Top Ad On The Forum

Tony

Staff member
Those of you that do not run an ad blocker may have noticed that we no longer have the ad at the top of the forum. I tried to put a resonably sized ad up there that worked on desktop as well as mobile, and the one that worked on mobile, was enormous on desktop. I got tired of the size of it, as I'm sure you all did as well, so I removed it for a better forum viewing experience. Please let me know if the site works and looks any better.

For those that run an ad blocker, thanks for nothing.

Heliman450

Hi Tony,
Hope all's well. Anything that reduces the distractions from the main reason for being here is good for me. I've always thought that adverts are a must for financial reasons. I view the Forum on a separate monitor anyway and always find what I want from past threads or the correct place to post new ones.

Keep up the great work :arms:

Tony

Staff member
They are a must if I was still using a dedicated server at a server farm that was stupid expensive lol. But now I'm hosting the website from my house, so I don't have to pay rack fees, server fees and so on. So It's not going to hurt me to lose a little revenue. In fact, it may actually help since there is not a horribly massive ad at the top of the forum for desktop viewers. Mobile was always fine, but desktop... It was horrible IMO. So now, the main form only has one sidebar ad.

Top Bottom