Trucks Removing stuck screws

orton21

Hey I have an old TA rc10GT that i have had for a long time and i have not worked on it or done anything with it for a long time as well. i have dictated to get it running again. was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to brake lose screws that are well not coming out with out drilling them out. the screws that are stuck are the ones on top of the motor that hold on the heat fines. any ideas would be great thanks.

Tony

Staff member
haha, those are a pain in the butt!!! The best way to do this is to pull the engine out of the truck, remove the carb, backplate and glowplug, and anything else that can melt, and put the engine in your oven on a cookie sheet at 350ºF for 10-15 minutes. Pull it out of the oven with a pot holder, and while still hot, try to remove the screws.

If you have already rounded them out, then your only option is to drill the heads off of them.

Green Zing

I have had the same issues, on small blots and screws I used a soldering Iron on bolt or screw till it is hot and this has done the job
for me.hope this helps.

Tony

Staff member
Green Zing, if he can get a soldering iron down through the holes in teh head of that engine, that is a great way to do it. However, the holes are pretty small. But yes, that is the way I do it on all frame screws that are out in the open.

Top Bottom