Rest over :)

Lee

I haven't flown since the funfly at the local club three weeks ago.
Work has been good and wind strong, but today and for the rest of the week, its calm :)
Got the Gobby out for a fly, and my warp after fixing it up after the crash.
One thing amazed me. I put some fibreglass cheapish blades on, rather than the carbon ones i have been using.
They felt really nice. Tictocs had crisper stops to them.
I'll get the video camera rolling again tomorrow :thumbsup:

murankar

Staff member
At least someone is flying around here. Good job. Doing any qav flights at work?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

treff

Very nice Lee, time for R&R. Same here flown once in 4 weeks and that ended in the dirt. All fixed now. I also sent for
what I call "just in case spares" for the 5.5 skid holders skids, main and feathering shafts, you know just in case. Been layed up for almost a week now after trying to be 20 years old again on my hols. lol. How do you land those parakites without breaking an ankle or in my case badly spraining one and how can you miss the sea and come down on the land. Back on my pins now but weather turned so no flying for a bit. Enjoy

I haven't flown since the funfly at the local club three weeks ago.
Work has been good and wind strong, but today and for the rest of the week, its calm :)
Got the Gobby out for a fly, and my warp after fixing it up after the crash.
One thing amazed me. I put some fibreglass cheapish blades on, rather than the carbon ones i have been using.
They felt really nice. Tictocs had crisper stops to them.
I'll get the video camera rolling again tomorrow :thumbsup:

Yeah agree with URI, nice to hear someone is still flying... Where's all the vids Lee. Wish I was flying. I've used loads of fibre glass blades in the past due to my frequent crashes... Lol, much cheaper to replace and there pretty good I think..

pvolcko

Are the fiberglass blades for flybar helis? May explain the difference in feel. Tend to be more nimble and responsive in the air for fast cyclic/collective changes, but also tend to flex more for big air, speed, stops, etc. Less disc momentum in auto-rotations too since the weight is closer to the root compared to FBL blades.

Just spit balling. You got any theories?

Lee

They are FBL blades. The extra weight does seem to give these blades a lot more momentum in autos.
The profile does feel thicker than the Carbons I have used. Should give them more lift.

Lee

They are a no name brand from my LHS, but they do have Tarot balance stickers in the bag.

Top Bottom