Cars Run Motor CW and CCW by Radio Control

Mfarooqi

hi,
Is there any way to run one motor forward and backward or clockwise and counter clockwise using throttle on FlySky or using any method.

Thanks

Mfarooqi

Thanks for the answer.
@tony can we use ESC with both control sticks, moving forwards, backwards, left and right. I actually want to use the same transmitter for other mechanical purposes, if this is doable...

Thanks

EyeStation

"Well I never tried to run two ESC's off of one receiver channel, but if that is what you are wondering:
The ESC will send power to a brushless or brushed motor in a polarized direction. Meaning, when it sends a forward signal, the motor is driven in a direction. When reversed by the transmitter, the motor spins the opposite direction.
The specific direction of rotation depends on motor connections to the ESC. If forward signal from TX produces a rotation opposite of what you want, you swap the motor connections to produce the proper direction. Brushed motors you swap the two connections. Brushless motors you swap two of the three wires.
So, in theory, if you want one receiver/tx channel to run two ESC's to produce two different motor rotation directions, you can feed each ESC the same RX output, and change motor wires to produce proper direction on each motor.
Let me know how far off I was from what you wanted."

Boy did I read that wrong last night!!! Sorry for the misdirection.

Last edited:

Admiral

Not 100% sure but I was reading the User manual for the SKY III Quattro 12Ax4 and in the setup the motors can be set to Forward/Reverse or Bidirectional, that sounds to me like they can be setup to reverse direction in flight??

Maybe worth looking at if that's the path you want to follow.

Mfarooqi

Thank you very much for informative words.

What if put a reverse polarity switch, or 3way switch?
I will trigger switch that using servo. That switch will first disconnect the brushless motor and then change two of it's connections to reverse its rotation?

If I put that reverse polarity or 3 way switch and when I will trigger that servo, should motor be first with zero rotation or it's OK with the motor and ESC and other parts in that connection if I in sudden change polarity without disconnecting battery.???

I can make some mechanical kind of parts like "Reverse" gear in cars. but that is the last option other then reversing ESC...

Top Bottom