General Rx Programming For Pnp Plane

BCJ

I've got an FMS Sky Trainer 182 (a/ka/a Cessna).
It's a PNP so I have to program the AR636. The problem is that it's incredibly difficult to maneuver around inside this plane and space is tight. There is only one place to locate the RX: on the side of the inside of the fuselage. So the RX has to be programmed for mounting on its side with pins to the rear.

Can anyone tell me where to find the correct SRM file to download into the RX?

RandyDSok

The SRM files are optional, they aren't required. Considering you are trying to use the receiver on a generic branded plane, it would likely be difficult to find such a file unless it's on their user forum for that type of thing.

Either way, you will still need to program and tweak all of the settings anyway since every plane ( heli, multicopter etc ) is slightly different. Just follow the included instructions ( or if it didn't come with them, get it from their website ). I'm uncertain what to suggest for the SAFE settings... perhaps look at other similar planes to see what may be suggested for them.

BCJ

UPDATE re AR636 receivers: Most HH / Spektrum tech support peeps do NOT know this, but an AR636 cannot be programmed for any orientation EXCEPT flat on its back with pins to the aft. You cannot use this receiver in a PNP plane that requires the RX to be mounted on its side.

Top Bottom