Trucks Savage brushless upgrade.

xokia

This is my savage I haven't used in years because I got tired of breaking pull starts or snapping one way bearings with the roto-start. This is the original savage 21 that I bought when they first came out. It went through many upgrades that can't really be seen. I did the brushless conversion and if I had to do it over I think I would have just sold my savage and bought a new complete brushless truck.

Before
IMG_0454.jpg

After
IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0583-1.jpg

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Cool truck! I have a t max myself! Breaking things is just the normal thing to do I guess. Think of all the punishment these things take!

xokia

I finally got this truck running and stuck two 3S 5000mAh batteries in it. This truck is rediculously fast!

I was trying to calibrate the ESC and burnt rubber on my floor :(
I'm not winning any bonus points with the wife.
7AB3B166-1F51-450C-94CF-E14CC78EF835-80345-0000090181CF116C.jpg

I ripped the tires right off the rims. The are aluminum rims, someone told me shoe goo works good at holding them on.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, I have seen those before... hahahahaha. You are right, the wife gets pissed when you do this lmao.

xokia

Oh, I have seen those before... hahahahaha. You are right, the wife gets pissed when you do this lmao.
Notice on the right side about mid way the strategicly glued piece of floor :( When I first stuck my 450 helicopter together I started it up just to see if the two blades where aligned. It tipped over and sent a chunk of floor flying towards my wife in the other room. Needless to say that was the last time I got to work on the helicopter in the house. When I bought this house I always intend to replace these floors with hardwood floors so that is my only saving grace.

xokia

So I have had this thing brushless for a couple months now and this thing is a parts breaking machine. I can't imagine anyone being able to handle this truck in 6S. I ended up buying a new DX4S transmitter so that I could change the throttle on it down 50%. At that point the thing is actually driveable but still stupidly fast. I've been playing with the ABS brake feature and its kinda neat and works pretty decent.

Even at 50% throttle I've sent this thing through a number of cart wheels and broke a lot of parts. I do like not having to mess with glow plugs and rotorstarts though. And my nieghbors like that its not loud. Now if they could just make it so you could adjust the torque curve. I think nitro engine days are numbered. At least for rc cars anyways.

xokia

Anyone try the new AVC RX? I recently installed the SRS4210 RX in my savage.
I still don't drive this thing very often but the new RX has made it somewhat fun again. With AVC its actually possible to drive on the pizza cutters the tires turn into.

FA731343-0625-4F57-A107-FECB4821F133_zpsfsrs0dr0.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom