600 scale heli

ger

hi everybody , did anyone put a scale fuselage on to

Phoenixtech 600ESP kit, getting back into heli after a five year break, things have changed a bit, with the heli,s any help would be great, hoping to het back into 600 or 700 size , just seen the phoenixtech 600 esp kit on motion rc website,​

ger

would anybody have a list of gear i need that would work best in

Phoenixtech 600ESP, will be only used for scale flying ,i have my futaba radio still,​

Tony

Staff member
Thanks to fran11784 above, I as well will be doing a scale build with this exact kit. Can't thank him enough for that. I have not yet settled on electronics yet as there are just so many options out there. But once I do, I will try to post up what I did here. It will be a bit though, too many projects going on right now so having to slow down and catch up a bit.

As for the ESP kit, I have heard good things. I did look over the head and tail on the kit (I have it here) and it looks really well built. Not quite Align quality, but the next best thing. Of course, Align no longer builds this kit, so in all reality, this may be the best option out there right now that is new.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
By gear I assume you mean completion components? Well, ger, the kit is bare bones, but Tony said it had blades in it. So, I guess yours will as well. You will need a DECENT set of servos, 3 cyclic, 1 rudder. You will need an ESC, 120amp usually good but some use an 80amp in those kits. You will need a motor and that will depend on your battery cell count. 12s a lower kv and 6s a higher kv. That leads to battery or battery's you will also need. And finally, you will need a FBL controller. There are many out there and really depends on your preference. You will find that outfitting the kit with electronics will be more than the kit itself.
T

ger

By gear I assume you mean completion components? Well, ger, the kit is bare bones, but Tony said it had blades in it. So, I guess yours will as well. You will need a DECENT set of servos, 3 cyclic, 1 rudder. You will need an ESC, 120amp usually good but some use an 80amp in those kits. You will need a motor and that will depend on your battery cell count. 12s a lower kv and 6s a higher kv. That leads to battery or battery's you will also need. And finally, you will need a FBL controller. There are many out there and really depends on your preference. You will find that outfitting the kit with electronics will be more than the kit itself.
T
Great thanks for reply do scale heli need the same servos that 3d flying heli need. I guess power is a big thing because of extra weight in scale helis

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
You couldn't be in better company. D.O.G. & fran11784 have been my life line in the hobby. They, including other members of the forum have guided me in the right direction.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Here are a few that I think would be fine. Again, depends on your buget and preference.
Cyclic:

KST BLS815 V2
TORQ BLS 2208
Savox SC-1258TG

Tail:

SH-1290MG
KST BLS805X

And many more., some of these servos today are just stupid expensive. :dunno:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Here are a few that I think would be fine. Again, depends on your buget and preference.
Cyclic:

KST BLS815 V2
TORQ BLS 2208
Savox SC-1258TG

Tail:

SH-1290MG
KST BLS805X

And many more., some of these servos today are just stupid expensive. :dunno:
If you don't want stupid expensive servos...for the buck...KST servos worked wonderfully for me :). I have them on all 4 Heli of mine. :2c:

ger

If you don't want stupid expensive servos...for the buck...KST servos worked wonderfully for me :). I have them on all 4 Heli of mine. :2c:
Thanks will look them up. Cant believe how much radio gear

has changed in the time I have being away from it. All for the better I suppose.

Top Bottom